General Discussion > Fire Fighter Training

Urban Firefighting Training - the LACK of

<< < (2/2)

unfknblvable:
Or maybe start with BA?????

6739264:

--- Quote from: unfknblvable on May 22, 2011, 09:45:02 PM ---Or maybe start with BA?????

--- End quote ---

Sure, we'll start with a course that we already have implemented. Sounds like a good place to start discussing a lack of training.

My post was made assuming that OBAOC was taught as it already is. Sorry if I failed to make this clear enough.

misterteddy:

--- Quote from: unfknblvable on May 22, 2011, 09:45:02 PM ---Or maybe start with BA?????

--- End quote ---

so enlighten us and give us the benefit of your wealth of experience. What would you do with BA?

BundyBear:

You've hit the nail straight on top of the head, I think at a corporate level for a long time rural firefighting has been their major concern and I understand fully that it is one of the greatest threats to the state.

Unfortunately if you look at the statistics of what brigades are responded to presently and the possibilities of what they can be responded to the CFS needs to be in a position to cover all threats and provide the best service to the community.

The SFEC's need to be abolished and brigades being called rural/urban or urban/rural. The training and equipment needs to be upgraded to meet requirements for the service presently and into the future.

For example the 34P appliances you can not just drag out the side line from the appliance and drag it into a structure fire as it does not produce the required 750 k.p.a. at the branch you must lay out 1 line 3 lengths of 38mm hose. If you ever get to use a HP hose line off an MFS applaince at an incident, the difference is like chalk and cheese!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version