Author Topic: SOP for a 3rd alarm Commercial Fire in Renmark  (Read 9979 times)

Offline Skippy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
SOP for a 3rd alarm Commercial Fire in Renmark
« on: May 31, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
What would be the 1st alarm response appliances to a pager message like this (ie Tanker ect):

MFS:*CFRES INC45 31/5/11 13:21,RESPOND COMMERCIAL FIRE, RAL RAL AVENUE,RENMARK MAP 0 0 0 TG193,RENMARK HOSPITAL,MULITPLE CALLS.,REN618

***this is not a real pager message***

What would be the 2nd Alarm response appliances and the 3rd Alarm response appliances. Who would be most likely to go COQ (and to which station). And lastly at what response (1st alarm, 2nd or 3rd) would you introduce the D/O into the thick of things.

***If you're wondering why this thread was put up it is because i'm researching the MFS for a school project and I want to include the differences between regional responses and metro responses***

Will719

Re: SOP for a 3rd alarm Commercial Fire in Renmark
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
For the 1st alarm response it really depends on how many people they have to crew the trucks. You may only get four for the initial response. Most likely that Paringa CFS would be a first alarm response. In regards to the 2nd and 3rd alarm response most likely see most CFS brigades in the Chaffey Group, region officer, D/O Foody and the regional training coordinator (think there's one at Renmark). Berri MFS (both appliances) and Loxton would most likely be there. And maybe if you're luck that spare that sits in the station might even manage a COQ :-P. Probably get a few crews from Adelaide and if you were desperate. But really it's hard to say. It would depend on the decisions made by the D/O and CFS Region Officer.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:29 AM »
Perhaps draw some comparisons between the metro response of individual appliances being turned out, as opposed to regional MFS and CFS responses being Brigade based, with trucks crewed as appropriate, given number of persons available and individual discretion?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

unfknblvable

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »
SOP refers to Standard Operational Procedures.
Where the SAMFS is the 'Control Agency', the IC will initiate an IAP based upon numerous factors, but always within the SOPs.
1 IAP and 1 IC per incident, NO FREELANCE FIREFIGHTING do ya friggin get it yet????
Cowboys should stick to riding on horses instead of white trucks!

misterteddy

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »
SOP refers to Standard Operational Procedures.
Where the SAMFS is the 'Control Agency', the IC will initiate an IAP based upon numerous factors, but always within the SOPs.
1 IAP and 1 IC per incident, NO FREELANCE FIREFIGHTING do ya friggin get it yet????
Cowboys should stick to riding on horses instead of white trucks!

not sure whats prompted your obvious case of the irrits, but since you've joined the forum here you've not done much other than bitch about the CFS and how much better the MFS is. Sadly, I suspect you havent been in the MFS long, otherwise you wouldnt still have the rose coloured glasses; but if you have, well... it says volumes anyway.

No-one among the regular contributers here would argue against having more than 1 Plan, or more than 1 boss (I dont do accronyms I'm afraid - they are used by people to justify the size of their egos). Feel free to give your opinion on the original post won't you..... so the rest of us can  benefit from your obvious experience and technical expertise

As for freelance firefighting....yep, seen a bit of it and its frustrating to have to deal with, but it happens on both sides of the colour pallette.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »

And you've given yourself away.

We operate in a grey realm, not black and white. Stick to your SOP's like glue and you'll soon come unstuck.

unfknblvable

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Spoken like a true amateur.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »
Spoken like a true amateur.

Wasn't it just!

Never claimed to be anything more ;)

Offline fire8029

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »
let the kid do his project, leave the bullshit out of it, anyone got any usefull info for him?

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
let the kid do his project, leave the bullshit out of it, anyone got any usefull info for him?

Well I did try.

Perhaps draw some comparisons between the metro response of individual appliances being turned out, as opposed to regional MFS and CFS responses being Brigade based, with trucks crewed as appropriate, given number of persons available and individual discretion?

pumprescue

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 09:52:04 PM »
Baaaahahahahaha, Mr I can't believe its not butter, Pt Pirie must be having a slow week, either that or Largs isn't keeping you busy enough...

Your still funny.....until SAFECOM research your IP address and kane your butt

As for a response in Renmark, after the first alarm its all up to the on call regional DO, he has to make it up as he goes....so what was that about IAP's etc etc......hmmmm