Author Topic: Volunteer Exodus Sparks Emergency  (Read 26499 times)

misterteddy

Volunteer Exodus Sparks Emergency
« on: July 06, 2011, 10:43:39 AM »
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/volunteer-exodus-sparks-emergency/story-fn6bqpju-1226088375507

And here we see the failure in the current VFBA. Whats the issue we concentrate on?....people getting older and work life balance...fair enough, they are SOME of the multiple of issues concerning (let's not mention lack of stores, poor equipment, budget truck builds, lack of training opportunities, inadequate station facilities etc etc). Then in the next sentence.....ahh but of course CFS has the issues "under control" according to Wendy....they do? I must have missed that email or glossy magazine.

Wendy just how is the CFS going to control us getting older, or our work life balance? What a ridiculous argument, when they are the issues you raised......When are we going to stop apologising in the press for the CFS's shortcomings....when is OUR organisation going to tackle OUR issues and stop playing its role as a CFS/Govt media outlet. I feel very sorry for the Greenhill people who with the best of intentions were so openly used as unwitting puppets in this charade

The agreement you made with the CFS/Safecom hierachy to not criticise policy or Govt is bullshit and i'm sick of the master-servant relationship that exists between the VFBA and CFS/Safecom/Govt. I shall not be renewing my membership and not supporting this organisation any further and I will recommend that my Brigade and Group cease their support also. What a farce!

Offline vsteve01

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteer Exodus Sparks Emergency
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »
The quiet seasons would be one of the reason why training and new recruits would be down.

I wonder how many of those 400 are from brigades shedding their memberships of old members to ensure quorum with the new constitution.

They don't mention the people getting jack of the politics and the accountability being push down to the senior officers.

pumprescue

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »
I can't believe the amount of CFS members on there complaining about those that stand up for better equipment and training etc....if we all said nothing we would be in so much trouble.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »
is that a dummy spit mr teddy??

misterteddy

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 11:08:11 PM »
sure is @ Baggy....i'm scheiße to bits with the crap that Wendy and the VFBA serve up

misterteddy

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:12:04 PM »
and while I'm at it.....102 views and 2 people can be bothered commenting..... pfft  :| you lot are obviously deliriously happy with the service

Offline gilfire99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »
Not directly commenting misterteddy as I feel it is inappropriate for me to do so as I am no longer a member of SACFS and no longer live in SA, however....

If I were to substitute a few letters and change a few names I could just about cut and paste this onto a forum over here as my views.

You are not Robinson Crusoe over there, I feel this issue is endemic in volunteer emergency services nationwide, particularly the further from the urban fringe they operate.
NSWRFS District Officer, Learning & Development Officer, Castlereagh Zone, Gilgandra NSW
Ex Kangarilla Brigade SACFS

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
Teddy have you formalised your feelings into action with the CFSVA or....... not yet!
I know that the article was significantly cut short by editorial pressures and Wendys full views were not published!
If your not happy attend a CFSVA general meeting and be heard, I know its not as much fun as posting on here, but you stand a much better chance of achieving something.

Cheers Jaff
Just Another Filtered Fireman

misterteddy

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 11:39:52 PM »
Teddy have you formalised your feelings into action with the CFSVA or....... not yet!
I know that the article was significantly cut short by editorial pressures and Wendys full views were not published!
If your not happy attend a CFSVA general meeting and be heard, I know its not as much fun as posting on here, but you stand a much better chance of achieving something.

Cheers Jaff

more than once Jaff.....been there, done it, now sick of it.

An apologist for them?? Jaff....you've changed  :lol:

Offline BundyBear

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
CFSVA is a waste of time bunch of old out of touch blokes banging on only about rural fires.
What changes for the better have they lead the way in recently and as our so called union or association they should be chasing us for information or problems not the other way round.

Should be called the CFSTTA

Country Fire Service Toothless Tiger Association

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
CFSVA is a waste of time bunch of old out of touch blokes banging on only about rural fires.
What changes for the better have they lead the way in recently and as our so called union or association they should be chasing us for information or problems not the other way round.

Firstly they aren't much older than the GO's at our RVMC's soooo you're wrong, And pretty much hall of them have been or are GO's. I am sure some GO's are deserving of much more blame than the CFSVA ever is.    :evil: :evil:

And they are after your problems and have a branch structure to discuss and bring them to the top. 

pumprescue

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 10:55:57 AM »
Yes the crusty out of touch GO's certainly make life hard, but if you don't like them then vote them out !!! Oh that's right some groups can't break dynasties !!

The sooner they make a PID for roles then better !

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »
Wheelchair friendly command cars for all those crusty, out of touch, GO's is a great initiative and will keep them firmly in control of the leaderless inept rabble they rule over with an iron fist! :evil: The future is secure dont panic :-D

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 12:16:50 PM »
Yes the crusty out of touch GO's certainly make life hard, but if you don't like them then vote them out !!! Oh that's right some groups can't break dynasties !!

The sooner they make a PID for roles then better !

PID already exists!
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 01:35:01 PM »
but is it enforceable?...
Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »
should it be enforceable

pumprescue

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
PID exists, but who does anything about it.....Also be nice if they enforced some rules with everyone, not just the odd person!

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 11:26:17 PM »
PID exists, but who does anything about it.....Also be nice if they enforced some rules with everyone, not just the odd person!

Gold.......Or maybe we could try all the rules with everyone....but Im also up for picking on odd people! :evil:

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »
I wouldn't worry about the Group Officer dynasties, some brigades have their own dynasties, and don't respect the members they have. :roll:

Speaking of our so called union well there is a few changes a comin.......
Images are copyright

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
Quote from: SA Firey

Sharing is caring...

What's the story?

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
I wouldn't worry about the Group Officer dynasties, some brigades have their own dynasties, and don't respect the members they have. :roll:

I am all ears?

misterteddy

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »

UFU memberships for all :)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »
Quote from: SA Firey

Sharing is caring...

What's the story?

Like we have heard before watch this space.....new blood :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline stormy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 01:57:57 PM »
Ya allot off people out there not happy
but the people higher up think every thing is good
they need to get in the real world and find out
listen to the volunteers

Offline Chinny

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 07:51:58 PM »
Quorum required for meeting tonight to vote in Probationary members - Please come down for 9.30 -10pm start - Cpt
CFS Blackwood Info

Now that is how you keep members happy... Call a meeting for 10pm!!! I don't know the full story but that is ridiculous.