Author Topic: SACAD  (Read 247747 times)

Offline Skippy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: SACAD
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2011, 09:38:02 PM »
From what i see if it comes up with *Ev:ESO* or *Ev:29* on a job for saas it may automatically get sent to Adelaide Uni Road Accident Research?? doesnt matter if it is a rcr or a normal job. can anyone else input?

ESO means to work with MFS, CFS, SES, SAAS or SAPOL. Usually when a MVA is called in, it comes through to SAPOL or MFS (ESO) or SAAS (Ev 29). Hence the reason they now class all ESO's as MVA's.

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2011, 06:51:52 PM »
Does anyone know whether RTL's, MPS's ect get pager messages?

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
Mind you, maybe we should just be impressed that the response was per SOP!!!

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »

They do get pager messages, but what messages do you mean? As in do they get paged every time a job happens in their region?
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 09:20:19 AM »
I've noticed the SAAS pager messags have now taken off the Created time stamp. Some of the fall out from Crystal Brook perhaps??
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »

They do get pager messages, but what messages do you mean? As in do they get paged every time a job happens in their region?

yes

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »
I've noticed the SAAS pager messags have now taken off the Created time stamp. Some of the fall out from Crystal Brook perhaps??

Quite possibly, although their response was that it was straight forward operator error, and had nothing at all to do with the CAD.

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
Wonder if some poor operator wil get the blame for SOT to be responded some 30 minutes after initial dispatch for the labourer who fell down the lift well at Henley Beach yesterday morning  :-o
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
i wouldnt be reading into that too much, quite possible they werent required till then, or any other number of reasons.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »
Wonder if some poor operator wil get the blame for SOT to be responded some 30 minutes after initial dispatch for the labourer who fell down the lift well at Henley Beach yesterday morning  :-o

Not a nice thing to happen on your first day at work, and suffer a work injury!
Images are copyright

Offline drmz

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »

What happened in Crystal Brook?

misterteddy

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »

What happened in Crystal Brook?

read backwards on this thread

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »
By the looks of it, all of the Adelaide Uni Road Accident Research paging has ceased to exist.

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 01:50:15 AM »

yes

Not quite sure, I know they carry two pagers, a personal one and I assume a regional one. I have seen an RTL look at a pager and comment that a station in his region had a job.
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 11:44:43 AM »
By the looks of it, all of the Adelaide Uni Road Accident Research paging has ceased to exist.

You would hope with a CAD database now active, they would get more accurate historical data they can manipulate, than from pager messages.

Unless the pager messages were for a different purpose than historical data.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 12:47:28 PM »
Road crash Research pagers look like they are back again.

Just a guess, but they perhaps stopped sending them for a bit, until they sorted out the issue of apparently paging RC Research for every job that the fire service were sent to, regardless of whether it was a crash or not!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
The problem is that the term OTHER EMER (aka ESO) was for house fires and stuff SAPOL came across (as Pip said). However this term is also used on a lot of MVA's, meaning that it is hard to differentiate for the uni students whether it's a VA or a house fire. In turn meaning that OTHER EMERG was being used for MVA. I'm interested that they had these troubles with the new system, yet no worries with the old system.

ps, I'm a big fan of SACAD 

Offline fire8029

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »
I NOTICED THIS TODAY

04-10-11 12:13:34 Repage:LN1 PR: 2 : @ELIZABETH CITY CENTRE UNK* FROBISHER RD ELIZABETH 51 P15 D0363 Disp: 12:10 Traffic / - Adelaide Uni Road Accident Research
04-10-11 12:13:30 LN1 PR: 2 : @ELIZABETH CITY CENTRE UNK* FROBISHER RD ELIZABETH 51 P15 D0363 Disp: 12:10 Traffic / - SAAS Unit LN1
04-10-11 12:12:47 Repage:G81 PR: 2 : @ELIZABETH CITY CENTRE UNK* FROBISHER RD ELIZABETH 51 P15 D0362 Disp: 12:10 Traffic / - Adelaide Uni Road Accident Research
04-10-11 12:12:43 G81 PR: 2 : @ELIZABETH CITY CENTRE UNK* FROBISHER RD ELIZABETH 51 P15 D0362 Disp: 12:10 Traffic / - SAAS Unit Gawler
04-10-11 12:10:27 Repage:PF71 PR: 2 : @ELIZABETH CITY CENTRE UNK* FROBISHER RD ELIZABETH 51 P15 D0359 Disp: 12:10 Traffic / - Adelaide Uni Road Accident Research
04-10-11 12:10:21 PF71 PR: 2 : @ELIZABETH CITY CENTRE UNK* FROBISHER RD ELIZABETH 51 P15 D0359 Disp: 12:10 Traffic / - SAAS Unit Playford

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2011, 05:13:10 PM »
So.. go live is just under three weeks away.

Have any groups or brigades received official direction from the CFS about new requirements for resource tracking? SACAD will require appliances statewide to book ack, mobile, arrived and clear of call. Wondering if this info has been disseminated, and if not when it will?

Perhaps something brigades should have been getting into the swing of for the last few months.

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
So.. go live is just under three weeks away.

Have any groups or brigades received official direction from the CFS about new requirements for resource tracking? SACAD will require appliances statewide to book ack, mobile, arrived and clear of call. Wondering if this info has been disseminated, and if not when it will?

Perhaps something brigades should have been getting into the swing of for the last few months.
Not a cracker as yet, but what amazes me is ask a MFS officer about SACAD and they know little or nothing about it.
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised by that.

It will make very little difference to MFS crews on the road, as they already use there MCTs to show appropriate status, they simply ask for upgrades of alarm, all dispatches are through comms and are already responded as targeted appliances [unlike simply responding an entire CFS brigade].

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
nothing has reached open air in my brigade. doubt anything has yet been released by region let alone HQ...

I dont see how we can operate with changes...with even 3 weeks notice...

My Bet: Postponement again..and again... and again.   A government within a government.

Anyone grabbing the BOMS system for setting up in a fire museum? lol

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »
we havent heard a peep down here (thats far from surprising anyway) believe our group still want us to run our current format where we book ack or mobile with comms then go to group TG for arrival, sitreps uprgrdes etc etc... why we hae to keep that sy.stem has got me as there is no benefit in doing it, i would rather us just work with comms for that and talk to group only if needed.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
Nope, haven't seen anything in my brigade - nothing at the last Group meeting a week ago either.......

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

pumprescue

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »
From what I have been told there will be no point opening the station or going to the local TG as to get anything done or to get further calls you have to do everything through Adelaide Fire...but I only found that out by asking