Author Topic: SACAD  (Read 247773 times)

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: SACAD
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »
For those who can't access the CFS members only site.

Offline vsteve01

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »
Thanks Alex.

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
Wondering where the Ops Brigades, Air Ops brigade, things like the Region 2 OSV fit in to all of this.......
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

pumprescue

« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
Reading it, its like they started off hard then went a bit soft "you must upgrade via alarm ,but you can then ask for 3 trucks but you can't ask for them by name"

Did they not study CAD and realise it only upgrades via alarm level and to put individual trucks in there means naming them !

Also it states it is mandatory for every appliance to tell Adelaide Fire they have acknowledged, booked mobile and available. Then it says you can call Adelaide Fire on the phone and give them a list, or the Group Duty Officer can book mobile and available on your behalf. Why, just do it yourself, then Adelaide Fire can know that you are actually mobile, not the Group Duty Officer hoping that you really are.

Too soft I think.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »
FYI SACAD DOCUMENTATION NOW FOUND ON CFS WEBSITE MEMBERS ONLY SECTION.

and the caps lock key is found just above the left shift key on most keyboards :)

Just wanted to get the attention of the speculators that the final document is out and now they can get back to work on there paid jobs :P

Offline vsteve01

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
An example of AF and Large grassy in MFS area is happening now.  Interesting listening.

pumprescue

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
At least with SACAD they can just do the upgrades and not have to worry about who, what, when and where and getting permission from 17 different people.

Having said that, the on scene performance by the red trucks sitrep and working the fire is VERY ordinary!

pumprescue

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2011, 01:49:29 PM »
Also its interesting talking to several groups, some are happy to do all comms through AF and think that's how it should be, others who are very much in the metro hills face area will just phone through every time a truck acknowledges, goes mobile and gets back in station. I did say to them you are insane I have better things to do, but you know how it is, gotta hang on to the last bastions of power and control !

Then there is the region who don't want a bar of it as its just Adelaide interfering!

What will your Group/Brigade do, mine plans to have every appliance do its own updates etc.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2011, 04:56:04 PM »
Fingers crossed my local group will take on a professional approach...

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »
So with just a couple of days to go until they flick the big switch what is your thoughts. Hopefully by now most people should have read the briefing or attended an Ops Update where the changes were explained.

Personally I can see my own brigade becoming busier, looking at the response data and where we will be going it seems that the EMA boundaries have now been widened.

There is also some fairly interesting backup beat data that brings in appliances from 20km's away whilst trucks 5km's away are ignored, but all that stuff can be sorted out after we go live so I am not overly concerned.

We could also see an increase in default calls as the CAD picks the second appliance from a station, but it cannot be crewed, resulting in the next nearest tanker being paged. That could be fun during the FDS when we start to get a few large rural jobs and appliances being defaulted all over the place.

I think overall it will be a good thing and I am looking forward to it. Does anyone know what time it will kick off ? I know SAAS went live at 0300.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2011, 01:24:28 PM »
I had a read of the SACAD Documentation and its going to be quite interesting to say the least especially once summer kicks into high gear next month when the fire season really gets rolling

There is a good chance that brigades with a low call out rate will become abit busier if incidents are close by or the closest brigade cant get a crew and are defaulted
Kalangadoo Brigade

pumprescue

« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »
I think its great that we finally have a system that makes everyone accountable and follow SOP's like an ACTUAL fire brigade. I can't understand why some groups want to do all the talking for the trucks, making a lot of work for themselves.

I think the 6 and 6 default time is to long for some areas and not long enough for others. I don't agree that AF should have to ring alerts at both default times either, if you can't advise them in that time then to bad. Really isn't hard, every captain has a radio, and so does every truck, and 99.9% of people have mobile phones.

What I can see happening now that its appliance based not station based is a lot more defaulting to make up the response, and in a few years that stats will start to show up those not getting the second or third trucks out the door and we might start finding trucks not being replaced or equipment moved around, eg so and so tanker not getting out the door so its moved, or so and so 24 is due to be replaced but they can never get it out the door.
This might be a good thing or a bad thing, but it will stop the stupid scenario's of brigades that can never get the second truck out getting it replaced with a brand new one when others who get all their trucks out get stuck with old snot boxes.

Those brigades that don't manage crews and don't manage their recruiting etc might be in strife.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »
were in the best place we've been for years, never fail to get a truck out, 35 members, full rcr, tonnes of drivers, 2/3 of our available ba, bit more work and we'll be even better

Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »
I heard that the default times were six minutes for pager acknowledgement, and then ten minutes after the pager acknowledgement to get the truck on the road. So you have up to sixteen minutes to respond, and then the alerts is called.

That is if you use the full six minutes to acknowledge, i.e. if the Captain or a Group Duty Officer acknowledges the page straight away, then that starts the mobile timer and you then have ten minutes to get on the road, this applies for both appliances in the same station if you have two trucks on the same pager message. So some brigades might be getting defaulted after ten minutes, others after sixteen, it depends on how your brigade or group does the pager acknowledge.

So I think you're right PR, there will be a number of defaults for the second appliance from one station, which means brigades from further away getting a run.

I also heard that the actual cut-over will take place Monday night.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »
hmmm i had heard 6 and 12, and thought those times were from time of page. Hopefullya quiet night monday night otherwise if its busy they may not cut it over???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

pumprescue

« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
6 to acknowledge page then second lot of 6 to book mobile

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2011, 05:11:50 PM »
Hold on to your hats ladies and gentleman theres only 3 days left until the almighty SACAD comes online  :mrgreen:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »
hmmm i had heard 6 and 12, and thought those times were from time of page. Hopefullya quiet night monday night otherwise if its busy they may not cut it over???

It would have to be pretty drastic weather or similar for the cutover to not be done. Even if there is a major job happening i would expect it to still go ahead, may just delay an hour or two. There is a lot of pressure to get it on with that deadline.

Not sure exact time you can expect to see SACAD dispatching, multiple incident procedure will begin at some point on the night shift of 28/11 and dispatching will still be conducted by BOMS, and then with a bit of luck it should be all sorted by the early hours of the 29th.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
You might be holding onto your hat there for a while Rob, could take months for your pager to go off with a sacad response  :-P  :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »

It would have to be pretty drastic weather or similar for the cutover to not be done. Even if there is a major job happening i would expect it to still go ahead, may just delay an hour or two. There is a lot of pressure to get it on with that deadline.

Not sure exact time you can expect to see SACAD dispatching, multiple incident procedure will begin at some point on the night shift of 28/11 and dispatching will still be conducted by BOMS, and then with a bit of luck it should be all sorted by the early hours of the 29th.

Sounds good Alex.
From the looks of some of the test responses there are some Fubar ones happening so i expect there to be a few grievances lodged, but give it time and it will be good i reckon

Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
So with just a couple of days to go until they flick the big switch what is your thoughts.

Hugely relieved. 
the missus is getting on my back about a heap of stuff that needs
repairing around the house. Since SACAD will fix everything...  :-D

Thanks for the implementation docco Alex. I see it permits acknowledge &
available calls to go via telephone, so that may help to ease regional TG
congestion on big/multiple incident periods (provided the phone can be
answered...)  Roll on in-cab data terminals.

Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

pumprescue

« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »
It will be worse Alan, as you won't get through on the phone and get defaulted....and one's like Sturt Group and the like are putting pressure on the GO's to do a lot of ringing, but then again I guess it masks the fact that trucks really aren't getting on the road, they can just say they are !

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »
\\ Roll on in-cab data terminals.

Ive been peddling the idea of smartphones in all appliances.
Instant GPS for AVL [vehicle location] and whack in an app to make it receive events, generate maps and directions and send status updates... could even do voice requests.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:53:56 AM by Alex »

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »
\\ Roll on in-cab data terminals.

Ive been peddling the idea of smartphones in all appliances.
Instant GPS for AVL [vehicle location] and whack in an app to make it receive events, generate maps and directions and send status updates... could even do voice requests.

Be alright till in a signal deadspot

pumprescue

« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »
The MCT/MDT's have just as many black spots, if not more.