Author Topic: SACAD  (Read 247745 times)

Offline Skippy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: SACAD
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2012, 05:28:10 AM »
One thing's for sure, we have never seen so many 2nd, 3rd or even 4th alarms in such a short time.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2012, 06:18:31 AM »
One thing's for sure, we have never seen so many 2nd, 3rd or even 4th alarms in such a short time.

The responses have always been greater alarms, CFS has just never labelled them as such.

It makes it extremely easy for units to just pop up on radio and say "transmit second alarm" much better than the old system of listing off brigades.

flyonthewall

« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2012, 08:41:39 AM »
I'm not sure who programmed what into SACAD but if you ask me, some of the teething issues might require some wisdom teeth being removed.

Of late, I have seen some rather interesting appliance/station responses and movements to firecalls!

pumprescue

« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »
The system will never work, it cant, they are all screwed for thinking it wiil. The whole state cannot run the same way there are so many different areas that need special thought. Sacad is a huge backwards step for the country fire service. We need the old alerts system where the brigade took the alarm call and SOC assisted with the response. Local uknowledge and a spot on response every time. These clowns are taking the decision making away from the locals and f**k**g it up completely.

Yeah because it worked heaps well before, just need to tweak some responses and get the boffins to listen and adjust things.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
I'm not sure who programmed what into SACAD but if you ask me, some of the teething issues might require some wisdom teeth being removed.

Of late, I have seen some rather interesting appliance/station responses and movements to firecalls!

Depends which agency you are talking about.

For CFS though, it starts with the SOPs which most people seem unfamiliar with and station sequences and response zones were signed off on by groups, regions and state.

flyonthewall

« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2012, 10:32:04 AM »
Posted on: Today at 09:58:43 AMPosted by: Alex  

Quote from: flyonthewall on Today at 08:41:39 AM

Depends which agency you are talking about.

For CFS though, it starts with the SOPs which most people seem unfamiliar with and station sequences and response zones were signed off on by groups, regions and state.  

I am talking about both agencies, but mainly,

... CFS getting responded to calls well within MFS area prior to local MFS station.

pumprescue

« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2012, 11:11:28 AM »
Where is that happening?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
Perhaps cfs are the closest resource because the local station is tied up at another call?
Lt. Goolwa CFS

flyonthewall

« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »
Posted on: Today at 11:16:43 AMPosted by: Alan (Big Al) 

Perhaps cfs are the closest resource because the local station is tied up at another call?

No, the MFS truck was sitting in station.

.......Ask me how I know.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2012, 12:44:33 PM »
SACAD seems to be working alright although i can pinpoint only 1 issue without blowing it out of proportion

1 and only issue: Brigades 10 or more minutes away being dispatched to an incident when there are closer appliances like just down the road or 3-5 minutes away 
Kalangadoo Brigade

pumprescue

« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »
Depends how the beats have been set up, the areas seem to be too big.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »
SACAD seems to be working alright although i can pinpoint only 1 issue without blowing it out of proportion

1 and only issue: Brigades 10 or more minutes away being dispatched to an incident when there are closer appliances like just down the road or 3-5 minutes away  

Then Put in the paperwork to change the ESZ size/shape and station sequence.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:35:51 PM by Alex »

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »

How Do........ Nope  sorry dont really care all that much to want to know.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:48:19 PM by Alan (Big Al) »
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2012, 06:25:04 PM »
lol, i must say, i like the sacad countdown tab now

flyonthewall

« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
Posted by: Alan (Big Al) 

Quote from: flyonthewall on Today at 11:39:57 AM

How Do........ Nope  sorry dont really care all that much to want to know.

Yeah, Yeah .... whatever  :-P

Ironic that the actual CFS appliance responded wasn't actually from the closest CFS station to the incident.
Along with the appliances that were responded (from MFS) there were another 2 CFS appliances (all in urban fringe areas ie. BA qualified operators) that could have been sent that were much closer.

Offline vandog

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »
Clearly banging on about it here isn't going to get you anywhere! Report it and try to get it fixed for next time :wink:

flyonthewall

« Reply #291 on: January 16, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
Posted on: Yesterday at 09:35:09 PMPosted by: vandog 

Clearly banging on about it here isn't going to get you anywhere! Report it and try to get it fixed for next time 

Already in the process....

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »
The system will never work, it cant, they are all screwed for thinking it wiil. The whole state cannot run the same way there are so many different areas that need special thought. Sacad is a huge backwards step for the country fire service. We need the old alerts system where the brigade took the alarm call and SOC assisted with the response. Local uknowledge and a spot on response every time. These clowns are taking the decision making away from the locals and f**k**g it up completely.

Attitudes like this are the exact problem.

The locals have f**ked it up plenty of times all on their lonesome, so dont try and blame SACAD now. Alerts only worked in some location, and only some of the times. I can recall seeing more than 1 job paged out by AF with the notation of no answer on Alerts.

SOC was gone a long time ago, so perhaps move out of the dinosaur thinking, and accept we are actually the CFS, a state run organisation, and not the local cowboy run EFS. Big hint, look at the signs on the doors.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2012, 07:20:54 AM »
I'm just interested (this is more on the SAAS side of SACAD) will the Adelaide Uni Road Accident Research pagers resume or does that cause to many issues?

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
The Road crash research pagers are still coming out - on both ambo & Adelaide fire pagers.  But it would appear with ambo pager messages, that it depends on what the tag at the end of the message says, as to whether a Road Crash Rescue page comes out....and results in jobs that are not road crashes being notified......

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
Are you sure, they must be displayed privately because not seen them displayed over the urgmsg.net site in ages. Thanks anyway

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
Are you sure, they must be displayed privately because not seen them displayed over the urgmsg.net site in ages. Thanks anyway
You mean these?
Repage:CD181 PR: 2 - EYRE HWY YALATA D0596 Disp: 18:04 OTHER EMERG - SAAS Road Crash Research
Depends which site you look at as to what appears on it.
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
What you see on various websites is not every pager message that comes out..... it all depends on the filter that has been set up by the person running the site.....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »
May I ask what website that was safireservice? Cheers

Offline Fire000

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »

The SAAS research pages are displayed on this feed: