Author Topic: TOP CFS BRIGADES BYE BYE  (Read 25349 times)

helpme

TOP CFS BRIGADES BYE BYE
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:11:26 PM »
Isn't it about time the CFS as an organisation looked at hand balling some of its area to the MFS?

Lets face it the majority of calls that an urban fringe brigade attends is with MFS anyway and end up arriving 5 - 10 - 15 Minutes after them to be told "Fires out go home" or called up on the radio and hear "Stop call not required" a total waist of valuable volunteers time.

On a lot of occasions MFS have come and gone when the CFS brigade arrives lights and sirens. How does this make us look to the public?

I mean no disrespect to those brigade members who put in the hard yards in fact i applaud you. However the government and the CFS are using you up.

Who really wants to chase red trucks around every call getting there second every time? Do nothing, go home then repeat the process sometimes 3, 4 or 5 times in a day. No thanks. This is a blatant disrespect to the volunteer.

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: TOP CFS BRIGADES BYE BYE
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:08:54 AM »
Probably the same brigades that do change of quarters!
Probably the same brigades that are appalled that MFS don't have VHF radios in their appliances!

Just saying is all :wink:
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline riptide

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 01:16:18 AM »
its doosh brains like you ,that portray a negative image and attitude of cfs, brigades like dalkeith, salsbury, tea tree gully, burnside, athelstone, happy valley, morphett vale and seaford provide some of the best trained and well knowleged volly fire fighters in the state and you wanna get rid of?
what brigade are you from? be intresting to know.....

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 08:39:08 AM »
I some what agree in part....This goes alot deeper than just this i tend to think it alllllll comes back to that almighty $$$$$$$. Should make interesting reading to see a wider response!

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 08:50:43 AM »
And if CFS handed over response areas to MFS, shouldn't MFS hand over some of their area to CFS for the same reasons you give , helpme?

A boundary between MFS & CFS has to be somewhere - if you move it, could the same problem occur, no matter where the boundary is...?

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline riptide

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 09:58:26 AM »
to true pip!!

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
Why are people entertaining this troll?

:roll:

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 01:31:33 PM »
Relax SACAD will fix it :roll:
Images are copyright

helpme

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »
Yes Pip i would think that MFS could hand some retained MFS area back places such as Kapunda, Moonta, maybe Tanunda etc.

And yes there would still need to be a boundary between MFS CFS but it seems to be working well between concordia CFS Roseworty CFS gawler river CFS and Gawler MFS.  This is yours and this is mine type set up.

pumprescue

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 04:32:27 PM »
I think this guy is 100%  accurate...it is a waste of time and money, its all serviced by MFS anyway

But no one has the balls to do anything so don't worry about it !

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 06:50:08 PM »
Interesting first post, did someone say Troll...

Lets see what happens with SACAD when it kicks off, I've been told there is no more Mutual Aid, Enhanced Mutual Aid or Dual Response - it's just the closest truck going.

So in some single appliance responses there wont be a truck from each service going, just the closest regardless of who's area it is (I still don't believe that MFS will allow a CFS appliance that is closest to respond alone - but that is what I was told last week) apparently the boundaries are just 'administration' boundaries.

As for the larger busy brigades, you can't close them because in many cases they make up a fair chunk of the strike team responses for Groups and Regions, they are normally big brigades that can still function effectively with one truck away for long periods and plenty of crew to keep rotating through the deployments. Financially there is not a lot to save by not responding them locally if they are legitimately closer to an incident.

Plus, as stated these brigades also do a fair chunk of work for MFS, including Change of Quarters and responding on upgrades.

There may some merit in not responding to every bin fire or MVA spill, but ultimately you will always have these brigades so you might as well use them.

On a lot of occasions MFS have come and gone when the CFS brigade arrives lights and sirens.

If this is happening it's probably because the MFS appliance didn't come up on the CFS talkgroup and communicate a sitrep or stop message. Any OIC that continues Priority One after being asked to downgrade deserves a kick up the backside.

Who really wants to chase red trucks around every call getting there second every time? Do nothing, go home then repeat the process sometimes 3, 4 or 5 times in a day

Doesn't the same thing happen in some CFS Groups, except chasing Group Officers around all day ?

Anyway enough feeding of the Trolls.

flyonthewall

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 07:17:24 PM »
Funny........ :lol:

its doosh brains like you ,that portray a negative image and attitude of cfs, brigades like dalkeith, salsbury, tea tree gully, burnside, athelstone, happy valley, morphett vale and seaford provide some of the best trained and well knowleged volly fire fighters in the state and you wanna get rid of?

Some of those COUNTRY Fire service stations are in METROPOLITAN suburbia.

pumprescue

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 07:22:27 PM »
I will say you can't get rid of them all, but there certainly are some that if they weren't there no one would notice, they have ZERO impact on anything and ALWAYS unless they happen to be coming back from a previous call arrive SECOND.

I can count 4 or 5 station exchanges that could be done between the services and everyone would be better off.

But anyway, no point talking about it, none of the services will give an inch or have the balls to do it.

flyonthewall

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 08:22:05 PM »
Some CFS members/crews don't do themselves any favours either. I have had experiences with 5/8 of those mentioned ( I do know there are many more but we are talking urban fringe brigades) and when you get told .........

"We will only respond if it's a going job" - alarm in urban CFS area with crew upset because they have to keep leaving work for FA's all the time....

or " MFS - Do you want the details? CFS - Yeah, coz its in our area anyway!" - MVA in urban CFS area (otherside of defined CFS/MFS boundary road)

or "We havent got any BA qualified crew" at urban incident with CFS responded to upgraded alarm in MFS area ..........

Blah, Blah, Blah .................

But, there are also the good ones to that do have a better attitude and are willing to 'share' and accept that there is another fire service that responds quicker than them because they are employed to do so.

pumprescue

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 08:40:48 PM »
Funny........ :lol:

Some of those COUNTRY Fire service stations are in METROPOLITAN suburbia.

Not only in Metropolitan Area they are well into MFS gazetted area....and like has been mentioned I could think of nothing worse than turning out 500 times a year and getting 450 stop calls or arriving last and getting to wait in the truck whilst the CFS officer gets details for the primary report for an incident you did nothing at.

misterteddy

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 09:37:42 PM »
see what happens when u feed them......unlike pandas, the fukkers multiply

The good news is that the MFS/UFU have priced themselves out of any further stations for a little while unless something dramatic happens (with the possible exception of an upgrade from a retained to career thats in the pipeline). One red truck with one crew wont take over ALL of the role on the Fringe that 2 CFS trucks currently can do, so any Red truck will be additional too what is in place.....no penny pincher will vote for that at a $1mil + cost

so....let the trolls wallow in their swill, and feel superior in their existence, they filtered well should get to jobs first and do the hard work....it is after all the ONLY thing they are paid to do

:wink:

pumprescue

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 10:56:11 PM »
Mr T why would you replace them, they are already in MFS area and MFS arrive to the CFS area first....

I pity the fool.....

Offline fire8029

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
Yes Pip i would think that MFS could hand some retained MFS area back places such as Kapunda, Moonta, maybe Tanunda etc.

And yes there would still need to be a boundary between MFS CFS but it seems to be working well between concordia CFS Roseworty CFS gawler river CFS and Gawler MFS.  This is yours and this is mine type set up.

So your saying Moonta should be covered by Kadina CFS??? There was a caravan fire in Moonta Bay on Tuesday night where if Moonta MFS was not there, there would have been 5 caravans burnt to the ground instead of only half of one. think it should stay the way it is and slightly adjust some boundries, better to have too many responding than not enough, even if some brigades are getting hundreds of stop calls a year.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »

So your saying Moonta should be covered by Kadina CFS??? There was a caravan fire in Moonta Bay on Tuesday night where if Moonta MFS was not there, there would have been 5 caravans burnt to the ground instead of only half of one. think it should stay the way it is and slightly adjust some boundries, better to have too many responding than not enough, even if some brigades are getting hundreds of stop calls a year.

Hmmmmm, according to http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/Station_Display.asp?Service_Code=SAMFS&Station_Code=68

72 responses for 2009/10, 54 for 2008/09, etc, etc

Good use of a pumper and grassfire 14 !!!!..

I admit, I am biased against MFS rural stations equipment when the resource could be used elsewhere in the state (eg pumper in another location).

** personal opinion only **
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

pumprescue

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 05:53:29 PM »
Those pumpers are only stat wise as good as a 34P

helpme

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
Tell me if this makes sense to anyone. Was told by an adelaide fire coms op that the south bound bound lane of pt. Wakefield rd is MFS area the north bound is Salisbury CFS. Not sutegood how true this is but MFS will go to any MVA from ST Kilda rd south regardless of if its north or south bound. Why not leave all urban responses to MFS and rural to CFS west of the rd.

Or is this comon sence. Once again were chasing red trucks. No need.

helpme

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
Regarding moonta MFS wasn't picking on them specifically but if they only attend 50 - 70 calls a year why are they paid for doing exactly what we do. Respond of pagers.

helpme

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
So BIG TED tell me, what exactly does a fringe brigade need two trucks for when MFS do all your work before any CFS appliance gets there? Dubbling up of resourses no reasonable explanation.

helpme

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »
Also MR TED i wouldn't close all fringe brigades just reduce the bullshit calls wouldnt that be nice only responding to going jobs. If they need you they can call you. This could reduce your 400 500 calls to less than 100 sound good.

Offline J Squared

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 12:40:08 AM »
mate if you don't want to respond as a proper volunteer to these alleged 500 stops a year, don't! just stop whining about it.

anything