Special Interest Image Posting > Emergency Vehicles

Rendelsham EFS Appliance

(1/3) > >>

Robert-Robert34:
Heres abit of history for everyone this picture was taken in 1971 of the Rendelsham EFS appliance i inherited this photo last week after it was kept stored away for so many years in a box

FlameTrees:
Seems to be too much "this is MY truck" mentality in the CFS.

Realism is they are CFS trucks, and can be moved from one station to another at any time, or may be sent to a job without any local crew on it at any time.

I remember a recent job I was at where there was going to be a complete crew changeover, but same vehicles staying there. One crew member was not going to relinquish keys and took the intervention of a Regional officer to convince the member that the vehicle was staying, and the member was not.

However, I also understand that the brigade's fit the bill when the truck breaks.

misterteddy:
I'm sure it's just a troll post Flame.....but in case you had forgotten....in 1971, this Brigade and the local community and sometimes the Council raised the hard earned $$ to provide the appliance...NOT the EFS/CFS. They well and truly OWNED it

Having been on deployments with Brigade and Group vehicles present, nothing pisses you off more than getting your Brigade appliance back having been trashed needlessly by the crew that used it on the shift before. No-one looks after a vehicle better than those who have to fix it later. Similarly, its dammed annoying to have your Brigade appliance in a group of deployed appliances and  not be able to use it because some numbnuts Logistics/Planning Officer in IMT is not flexible enough to change appliances on a plan

Anyway, hop back under the bridge, theres a good fella

pumprescue:
Mr T, just when I thought you had changed, you come out with a clanger reply....Flametree's couldn't be more accurate.

ITS NOT YOUR TRUCK.....its allocated to you, its not 1971 anymore....GET OVER IT, if you have a serviceable truck that fits your needs then that's the end of it. A bit like the current insane allocation of new trucks to stations that do less calls than I have fingers.

Pipster:
I have to agree with Mr T ( he beat me to the posting!)

At the time of the pictured Rendalsham appliance, it was well and truly "my truck"  for the reasons outlined by Mr T.

With the introduction of ESL funding, that is really when it all changed, and the appliances were truly the state's appliances, and could (and can) be moved anywhere.

Pip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version