Author Topic: SACAD  (Read 7316 times)

Offline amboman69

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
SACAD
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:02:02 PM »
In the light of the AEA's notice about the problems with SACAD, what is the feeling from the troops.  My initial impression is confused and frustrated.  Heaven help the state when all the other Services swap over!

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SACAD
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »
Do you care to explain what is in the AEA's notice about the problems with SACAD, for those of us not in SAAS....?

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline amboman69

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »

Three pages of "problems" were sent out by the Union, - concerns raised by EOC staff.  I was interested as to whether these problems flowed on to roadies or mainly affected the EOC. 

The following were alleged by the Union to be "unreliable": Patient condition info, Case category, "At risk" location info, AVL info, Address verification, appropriate resource recommendations, mapping system, work load levelling "special location" info.  Also mentioned was "screen freezes", poor screen design, multiple paging of crews, screens must be watched constantly (no toilet breaks).

Apparently eight additional dispatchers will be recruited immediately (not solely because of SACAD).  The Union also states that after their meeting with SAAS Executive, and their concerns becoming semi public, there were additional visits to SAAS by high flyers from SAFECOM, SAPOL and the Chief of Staff from Health.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
Thanks - that explans a bit about the concerns......

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
Can anyone explain what the difference is now with some of the on call country crews?

I have noticed, especially in the south-east with Naracoorte and Millicent crews of NCA188 and NCB188 also the same for Millicent.

I know the 188 is the on call volunteer crew, have seen them even get tasked during the day lately, but what is with the A and B?? They quite often get paged together. I have noticed places like Barossa and Whyalla seem to only have a B crew paged.  Is it Cert levels or something?
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline amboman69

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:28:12 AM »
From one of the many SACAD docs:

..."From the On Call shift commencing at 1700 or 1800 hrs 20 September 2011, call signs used will change. The call sign will now be split into two; each will include an ‘alpha’ and ‘bravo’ identifier to differentiate between each crew member.
The ‘alpha’ and ‘bravo’ identifier follows the team name and precedes the 178 or 188 shift identifier, ie: ‘Whyalla Alpha 188’, ‘Whyalla Bravo 188’."

Once a crew has assembled (either at scene or at an agreed location)
the call sign for the duration of the case will reflect the call sign of the
ambulance that actually conveys the patient to hospital. ie: if the
patient is transported in the ambulance used by the Whyalla Bravo 188
staff member then that will be the call sign. Having cleared a case and
disassembled as a crew, each officer reverts back to their allocated call
sign. ie: ie: ‘Whyalla Alpha 188’, ‘Whyalla Bravo 188’.

Make any sense to you?

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
It does thanks.

That was my sneaking suspicion but curiosity kept getting peaked. Hence crews like Whyalla and Barossa only being a B crew - as the 181 crew would have the 'A' vehicle  :-)
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »
Should we run a book on how many times the "go live" date is pushed out??

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 07:22:47 AM »
The timing of the initial release was always dubious, just before the start of the MLR fire season, but now to be cutting us over during the actual fire season is ludicrous.

Postpone it till April now!

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »
I hear that there was another issue yesterday with the SAAS CAD.

Apparently a nineteen minute delay in the response to an MVA with reported persons trapped at Aldinga.

Offline straps

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »
I hear that there was another issue yesterday with the SAAS CAD.

Apparently a nineteen minute delay in the response to an MVA with reported persons trapped at Aldinga.

??SACAD error or Operator error??

Offline amboman69

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 04:48:16 PM »
From what I hear and read, SACAD and Operator error are one in the same.  The Dispatchers are so flat out trying to keep on top of the SACAD problems that they just can't keep up with the workload.  Like having to keep paper notes of ambulance positions, constantly having to manually enter data, crews incorrectly showing on the screens as unavailable etc etc.

For a system that was years (10 - 12??)in the making, there seem to be heaps of problems for SAAS.  I assume they are not Service specific and every emergency service will experience similar hassles.