Author Topic: Volunteer Mag  (Read 3588 times)

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Volunteer Mag
« on: October 29, 2011, 07:46:57 AM »
The rap-up
36 pages
3 pages for cadets
2 pages for youth stuff
2 pages of comps
1 page for the show
1/2 page for Major incidents (what a joke)

pumprescue

Re: Volunteer Mag
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:17:37 AM »
Yeah, its not worth getting, they could save some coin by not making it.

misterteddy

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 03:29:06 PM »
I agree.....personally, I would prefer to receive an e-newsletter every month from each functional area (every month means a) its up to date, and b) the areas are forced to do something each month) similar to Arthurs Infralog offering. Hold the collective Managers accountable for what their Depts do....some critical ones we havent heard from in ages.

The magazine is cheap and nasty in content and always 3-5 months behind the times, a fatal flaw for a communication tool.

pumprescue

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
Infralog is great, I will give Arthur 1 thing, it is informative.

Offline Fire000

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 07:45:28 PM »

Agree that an e-newsletter is probably more cost effective and quicker to get news out.

Interesting to note that on the Members Only section of the CFS website, under the "Operational Information" tab, there is a "CFS Operational Activity Summary" which provides a good snapshop of the NT deployments, and some of the fires in the far north. Would be good if sections like this were better advertised, rather than stumbling across it by chance.

It was good to see newsletters being put out (via the website) from the Rural Training, Compartment and Driver Training sections around 2008. Seems these newsletters have ceased to exist..... shame as it gave a good insight into what was happening in each section.

pumprescue

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
I would rather a simple cheap email newsletter on a regular basis with up to date information rather than a flashy magazine that is well out of date and irrelevant when it gets to my letterbox.

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 09:20:05 AM »
Maybe now with the social media manager really firing up this is something that can be looked into.

But are we just sitting on this forum and hoping something will be done, or putting our feedback to the appropriate people???
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

misterteddy

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »
Maybe now with the social media manager really firing up this is something that can be looked into.

But are we just sitting on this forum and hoping something will be done, or putting our feedback to the appropriate people???

or is the social media manager just about holding hands with everyone on Facebook/Twitter

pumprescue

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
I spoke to someone from media about 2 months ago, but I have since learned that they have all quit, so back to the drawing board!

God the CFS turn over some staff !!