Special Interest Image Posting > Emergency Vehicles

New 24 prototype

(1/9) > >>

kiwifirefighter:
What do people think of the new prototype 24 tanker that is planned to be built

Zippy:
Crewdeck :/

mengcfs:
As Arthur states in his October Infralog "Yes it is different - we need to stimulate debate!

pumprescue:
I think it will fill in a large gap, the 34's are way to big for the likes of say Basket Range, Cherryville, even Norton Summit, I say bring it on, make a good basic rural appliance, should still be able to get some airsets on it for those that have it as their main appliance.

I have noticed taking our's out that compared to the Hino 24 the new one is a monster and doesn't go half the places the Hino went. Yes the Hino was VERY basic, but as a rural only appliance you can't beat it.

34's out on the plains or remote areas are great, and could even go to the extent of having single cab 44's or dare I say 54's !

I am sure some tweeking will be done, so long as they don't shelve it after 1 try like the 24 that ended up at Burnside.

Pipster:
A 24 is what we have been asking for in my area - 34's are just too big for us.

I think I read it only has one side line, not two.....?  If so, I think that is a mistake.

Any 24 must have some capacity to take a couple of BA sets, chainsaw & traffic control stuff (which is pretty much what we have at the moment) - and 5 or 6 crew. 

In my area, a crew deck is pretty much a waste of space, but a twin cab would be very useful.

We need to supply the feedback, and hopefully end up with a decent new appliance in about 3 years, when our old 24 comes up to its 20 years!!!

Pip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version