Special Interest Image Posting > Emergency Vehicles

New 24 prototype

<< < (2/9) > >>

kiwifirefighter:
I think that the leftside rear locker could be extended to the front end of the water tank for extra locker capacity, as currently drawn this area is a waste of space unless your as thin as a stick.  The crew deck should stay as a statewide fire service, these vehicles need to be able to deal with all types of rural fire suituations.  I agree that these sort of vehicle would suit the areas in the hills where more water is available and a smaller appliance is required.

misterteddy:
I agree, a small crewdeck able to service both sides of the appliance (without extending down the sides of the appliance) is certainly required in an appliance like this. I agree with Pip.... 2 decent 90m live hose reels please. 30m or even 60m means your hardly off the road before you need to add lengths.

When are we going to source some decent Tanker replacements now?..... with 10k of water and 6x4 drivetrains that will get it most places an appliance will go? Theres a challenge Arthur...

boss:
the way the main work area is set up. is the same as the tassie 14 really meant for one person use only .
And for the 34's yes there abit big for around the hills area but be grate full you guys got them and not a toy water gun mounted a push bike that's all i can say

pumprescue:
So what your saying is just keep quite and be happy because it's new.....this is why we never progress, to many just happy because it's new and shiny!!

boss:

--- Quote from: pumprescue on November 07, 2011, 10:02:24 PM ---So what your saying is just keep quite and be happy because it's new.....this is why we never progress, to many just happy because it's new and shiny!!

--- End quote ---

yes a new 24 would be good a bit of mod it could work better then what they have drew up so far.... no im saying just be grateful you guys have / getting the newer truck there's quite a lot of stations with older trucks that need up grading so in other word if your station is running an isuzu FTS750 or a hino pro ranger 8z  you don't need an isuzu FTS800 to replace them. early to mid 90's depending on k's and age yes up grade them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version