Author Topic: EMDSO Recruiting  (Read 4687 times)

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
EMDSO Recruiting
« on: November 08, 2011, 06:33:53 AM »
In the middle of doing my application for EMDSO and looking for any advice on how to be successful.

Applied 3 years ago and got all the way to final interview, but missed out, even with being able to complete the exercise in fast time (done it before then!). Pretty sure I mucked up on the question of "use one word to describe how you feel a call taker should be"..from memory I used assertive....FAIL!

Anyway....any advice?
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline vsteve01

• View Profile
Re: EMDSO Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »
I have no idea and is only be my guess.

Something along of the lines listener, comforting, reassuring, calm

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:43:27 AM »
Thanks Steve, I'm pretty comfortable with an answer if I get that far, and get that question again.

Just after general tips if anyone has any on how to make it all the way through. Would do almost anything to get the job, would be my last job I ever did - assuming the choice was always in my hands :)
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 02:00:57 PM »
Is anyone up to date with the process of recruiting? How long after testing has finished do they normally notify if you have made it to next stage? I did my testing last week, and it all finished on Tuesday, no updates at this point in time.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »
Rumour has it 8-12 jobs on offer so they test alot and take the very cream of the crop. Good luck

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 06:28:36 PM »
Thanks.

Got my email this afternoon after posting that to invite me for medical and interview....doing the interview over a weekend!

I do know that start date for the successful ones in Jan 16 and they shortlisted 53 for testing....dont know how many they cull from the testing.