Technical Discussion > HAZMAT

First alarm response

<< < (3/3)

6739264:

--- Quote from: Alex on December 10, 2011, 05:05:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: 6739264 on December 10, 2011, 10:58:52 AM ---Do we then further ask about responses that come out with ==Alarm level updated to 2== but don't actually consist of a 2nd Alarm assignment?

--- End quote ---

What kind of incident was that for?

--- End quote ---

So far, multiple. RCR is a pretty noticeable one. If an appliance can't get on the road, or there is a lack of operators so the next Rescue/Fire appliance is turned out, that doesn't make it a 2A response. But we are seeing a single resource paged out with ==Alarm level updated to 2== attached to the message. I'm sure its just teething issues, but it does make it a little unclear if its a "big job" or if its just a scramble to fill the first alarm response.

Slightly off the Hazmat topic, but what do I get for a 4th alarm RCR? The SOP states Strike Team Response, and a Strike Team is defined as 5 resources of the same type. Do I get 5xRescue Resources to a 4th alarm RCR?

Specifically for Hazmat as pumprescue suggested, does a 2nd alarm now get me 3xHazmat Resources + The State Hazmat or just 2 more Hazmat resources + State Hazmat as per the SOP's for 2nd alarm?

Why do SAMFS SOP and SACFS SFEC prescriptions reference A,B,C,Special & Other Risk, yet SACFS SOP has Very High, High, Significant, Medium and Low/Very Low risk?

Why is there no response schedule for Structure Fires? We have a goddamn response schedule for VEHICLE FIRES but not for structures? The only thing we get is "If its a CABA incident, ensure 4xCABA sets per alarm level"

I think I'd better go get breakfast...

pumprescue:
There is no SOP on structure fires, there is one for ALARMS and one for HIGH RISE, but nothing inbetween....just make sure you take your high rise pack which we also don't have a prescribed equipment list for, or an endorsed highrise pack ?

FAIL FAIL FAIL  :roll:

6739264:
Ah yes, the two SOP's that contradict each other... Where does the "Crew leader" or IC go? What are they called? Do they take an airset? They have to investigate the zone AND stay in the CP at the FCR...

I can't wait till I get my Crew Leader magical teleporting powers.

Curious, how do you force entry to a fire affected location armed with an Entry Control Board and bag of hose?

Alan (Big Al):
What i find odd is that there is only provisions for first and second rescues in cad, if you need a third and the rarest occurences fourth rescue comms have to go to Region as to who gets responded.
What if the first and second rescues are involved and another one occurs in the area, does comms then have to go to region?

The other point is why on earth are non BA brigades being tagged in structure fire upgrades, at the moment if we upgrade in our primary area the next alarm level pulls 2 non BA brigades.

6739264:

--- Quote from: Alan (Big Al) on December 11, 2011, 12:47:03 PM ---What i find odd is that there is only provisions for first and second rescues in cad, if you need a third and the rarest occurences fourth rescue comms have to go to Region as to who gets responded.

--- End quote ---

Fourth RCR gets a Strike Team of RCR (Not "Rescue" just RCR) Appliances. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version