Technical Discussion > ALL Rescue

Vehicle Setup

(1/6) > >>

Mike:
Just out of intrest,

Is there anyone out there who doesnt have their RCR setup on the passenger side of the vehicle?

I cant think of any that I have seen so far that arnt setup in this manner.

I know SES get to design their own cabinates for this discipline, But not sure how much input CFS allow.

For those that have been involved, what sort of ideas have their been about layout when commissioning?

TillerMan:
I know the type 2's have the rescue gear on the driver's side, (nuri pumper is setup on the driver's side). Can't think of too many others, most have 24p's which are all on the passenger's side.

Steveg:
that's right. the type 2 has the rescue gear on the drivers side.
this is how the appliances are built by SEM, before they are released to CFS.
i think the reasoning behind this is that the full height locked on the passenger side is for BA & Hazmat, as is is safer there than on the road-side, whereas if you are at a job where the RCR gear is needed, you are most likely to have the road blocked, so it is safe to be working on the road side of the vehicle.

rescue5271:
Our rescue gear is in the rear lift up door and we have our cave rescue gear in the drivers side lockers along with air bags and two boxes of wooden blocks,step chocks.

OMGWTF:
i think from memory that blackwood have rescue gear on there rescue on the drivers side.. unsure, i know the chocks/wooden blocks are on drivers side

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version