Author Topic: Vehicle Setup  (Read 24508 times)

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Setup
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »
Yes barker are having problems fitting all equipment on because the passengers side has to be minimum stowage such as B.A, Hose, Branches etc. and on the drivers side one large locker is the Hydraulic tools, one locker is just the Generator which leaves one small locker for chocks etc. The small rear lockers where the flaked hose is meant to go has also been used for chocks.
That leaves Stokes, Spinal board and a whole lot of other small equipment without a home.

By the way i doubt the light on top would make a huge difference to weight as it wouldn't be that heavy, maybe 100kg or so.

Offline Sam

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Scanning South Australia
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »
As you said the TYPE 2 needs to be customised to the Brigades own feel. The passenger side is completely taken up by BA hoses.... Spinal boards rakes and the assorted slide behind the cab in a locker, just. It certainly has more room than a standard 24P. I see the more gear the better but there is a limit in using your skills with the equipment you have got i think.
Thats my opinion

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 12:47:15 PM »
"Yes those SES setups are pretty nice, it's amazing what you can do when nearly unlimited funds and input into the setup of your appliance."
Not sure where you got those ideas from :|. Little user input sought, left locker can be a little shallow especially with the Trimo pumps (they have to be removed from the Din frame or mounted sideways). Unlimited funds? we get less than Safecom themselves! Maybe its because we aren't trying to support over 400 brigades and we focus on rescue, not everything else as well :wink:. Ours is very similar, except only the motor is on the slide. I like this setup though, its given me ideas. cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 08:10:13 AM »
The type 2 is good for the rescue, it just needs to be setup at the time of manufacture not afterwards. Probably the biggest trouble is having it as a pumper as well, then you are trying to fit an urban stowage kit and a full rescue kit, if all these brigades had a 34P to back them up then that would take some of the pressure off as far as hose and maybe some other small gear etc.

anything