Author Topic: SAGRN Pagher Scan using PDW  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Fire000

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
SAGRN Pagher Scan using PDW
« on: December 30, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »

Hi all,

Trying to setup a Uniden UBC355XLT to scan the SAGRN paging feed. No problems tuning the scanner to 148.8125mhz. Connecting it via 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable to the mic input on a computer. Having trouble getting the feed to work in PDW. Anyone have any advice on what settings i should be selecting (configuration, sample rate, etc)?

Cheers

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SAGRN Pagher Scan using PDW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 05:53:15 PM »
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: SAGRN Pagher Scan using PDW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:54:33 AM »
I haven't any experience with that radio, but I have got a 3300xlt working without a discriminator tap.

It took a bit of stuffing about with the volumes to get pdw working happily - both radio output and computer input.

pdw seems to like a strong, clear feed from the radio with no distortion from high volume, and radio location to ensure a clear signal also impacted my setup.

I think I got it all plugged in, then spent some time working through the full volume range of the radio. When garbled text started appearing on the screen, I could fine tune the volume adjustment.

For memory there are test pages sent every minute or 30secs, so you have a fairly constant stream to let you tune the system.