Author Topic: 2012 Recruitment  (Read 27575 times)

Offline AJF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
2012 Recruitment
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »
Sooooo.........   :|

Any rumours on a 2012 recruitment campaign yet?

I’m sure one of you guys must have heard something?

Monger

Re: 2012 Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »
Sooooo.........   :|

Any rumours on a 2012 recruitment campaign yet?

I’m sure one of you guys must have heard something?

Heard there may not be one. But just a rumour

Offline vandog

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:29:29 PM »
I heard the same rumour.....

Offline bolts

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Won't be one this year. New squad starting in March and more than likely another in September. Next invitation applications won't be till 2013 now.

Monger

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »
Won't be one this year. New squad starting in March and more than likely another in September. Next invitation applications won't be till 2013 now.

where did you hear this bolts? I heard the September squad is doubtful unless a heap of guys retire.

Offline bolts

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »
Heard it from a DO who was also talking about clusters being introduced into the next EBA. He was saying if they do another squad this year there would be would be a very well known SA sportsman in it. Admittedly that doesn't mean that they are definitely doing a third squad but the way he was talking it seemed likely.

misterteddy

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
it must be about time for another one....all the old footy blokes must be just about at pension time...  :evil:

Monger

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:09:42 PM »
Heard it from a DO who was also talking about clusters being introduced into the next EBA. He was saying if they do another squad this year there would be would be a very well known SA sportsman in it. Admittedly that doesn't mean that they are definitely doing a third squad but the way he was talking it seemed likely.

Brett 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:34:42 PM by Ferret »

Offline JLS

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »

Brett maher or jason torney. Can't see the clusters happening. Imagine the travel money they would have to pay. Not many firieswould be keen on it either I wouldn't think.

What do you mean by clusters? I'm certain it won't be Torney as he didn't get to the interview unless he got to skip it!!!!!

Monger

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »

Brett maher or jason torney. Can't see the clusters happening. Imagine the travel money they would have to pay. Not many firieswould be keen on it either I wouldn't think.

What do you mean by clusters? I'm certain it won't be Torney as he didn't get to the interview unless he got to skip it!!!!!

They are talking about grouping say 3 stations that are close to one another, eg. Port adelaide, woodville, largs and rotating the staff around those 3 stations

flyonthewall

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 07:31:26 PM »
Honestly ...... Who cares if a well known sportsman is joining the service, there are others and they are no different to anyone else...

Clusters....... This idea has been floating around for years, it was not well recieved by some of the settled/comfortable F/F's. 

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »
is anything that cuases any form of change ever well recieved by the "settled/comfortable F/F's"???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

pumprescue

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »
One DO's idea doesn't mean it's gospel, that idea has been floated for a while, still hasn't seen the light of day.

flyonthewall

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »

Posted on: Today at 07:51:14 PMPosted by: Alan (Big Al) 

is anything that cuases any form of change ever well recieved by the "settled/comfortable F/F's" 

Believe it or not, there are many that quite happily adapt to change. I think the issue is more the travelling. For example, if you lived in the Barossa Valley or out at Victor and the closest station (that you were permanent at, which means you are unable to claim for travel) was still 45 mins - 1 hrs drive away, would you want to drive even further, keeping in mind that the cluster stations might not even be the neighbouring stations.........

Somehow, I can't see it happening for a long time.
For the record, I personally think it is a good idea.

pumprescue

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »
I understand it had 75% support.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 11:10:32 PM »

is anything that cuases any form of change ever well recieved by the "settled/comfortable F/F's" 
Believe it or not, there are many that quite happily adapt to change. I think the issue is more the travelling. For example, if you lived in the Barossa Valley or out at Victor and the closest station (that you were permanent at, which means you are unable to claim for travel) was still 45 mins - 1 hrs drive away, would you want to drive even further, keeping in mind that the cluster stations might not even be the neighbouring stations.........

and a lot of ordinary workers are doing this travel time or more every day.... oh brother
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

pumprescue

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 07:12:54 AM »
Welcome to the MFS Bajdas, a lot of FF's forget where they came from!

Monger

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 03:05:35 PM »

and a lot of ordinary workers are doing this travel time or more every day.... oh brother

A lot of ordinary workers are not travelling to a different work site all the time. MFS dont get travel pay to their permanent station. Any how this isnt the forum for this.

flyonthewall

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 07:42:47 PM »
When you join, the travel comes with the job - "just like alot of ordinary workers", so most F/F's don't have a problem.....anyway, speaking of joining, especially in 2012.....

......... I have heard nothing about another squad after March.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:49:55 PM by flyonthewall »

Offline gasman

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 08:05:42 PM »
Well, after five attempts over seven years and being ranked once and time running out, i think i may only have one attempt left in me. Currently forty two years of age, self employed with three kids and a wife only working part time, i think it is time i get on with life and find another career choice. At least until the next intake next year that is !!! :-D :-D
I just want to help

Offline Moose

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 07:06:15 AM »
who's jason torney?

Monger

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 01:36:11 PM »
who's jason torney?

played footy for Richmond and the cows

Offline fire8029

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »

Offline bolts

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »
I did hear from an Officer who is currently in the training department that he thought they would start taking applications again in February, but a lot of the time even the Officers who are the drill squad instructors have no idea when the next intake will be.