Equipment > All Equipment discussion

Thermal Imaging Camera

<< < (4/4)

safireservice:

--- Quote from: mattb on April 24, 2013, 04:45:28 PM ---Surprised no one has mentioned anything about the cheap TIC's on offer from PacFire at the moment.

I think a number of brigades and groups in Region One are grabbing them. There are Argus and the new Flir - K series available.

Prices are very good.

I believe our Group has four on order, should be here in the next couple of weeks I think.

--- End quote ---
Just wondering are all these region approved equipment and allowed as non standard stowage?

Alan (Big Al):

--- Quote from: safireservice on April 24, 2013, 05:19:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: mattb on April 24, 2013, 04:45:28 PM ---Surprised no one has mentioned anything about the cheap TIC's on offer from PacFire at the moment.

I think a number of brigades and groups in Region One are grabbing them. There are Argus and the new Flir - K series available.

Prices are very good.

I believe our Group has four on order, should be here in the next couple of weeks I think.

--- End quote ---
Just wondering are all these region approved equipment and allowed as non standard stowage?

--- End quote ---

For our brigade it was approved.

mattb:
Well Region are putting together the purchase order on behalf of the Brigades and Groups, so I guess that means they approve.

We are playing around with the Drager UCF-9000 at the moment, this is the on that the CFA and MFB just replaced all their TIC's with. Any brigades in S.A. using one ?

mengcfs:
Hi all,

Yes, we were successful in getting a grant for the TIC. We went with the Infrasys E380. A great camera with tactical handle for laser pointing and photo/video recording. The screen resolution is great and can be seen easily in full sunlight. Tacked onto a Regional order or about $13k.
We also won the People's choice award where our funding was doubled so we got another camera to compliment the Region. This also gave us an opportunity to promote our brigade and the CFS with a promo video used by SGIC.
As per policies, yes, all equipment was approved.
Very happy with the camera and we have used it heaps since we received it.

mattb:
You probably don't need a TIC to see where the hot bits are, but it looked pretty good on the Drager UCF-9000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version