General Discussion > Incident Operations

Wingfield Waste Oil fire

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bagyassfirey:
Good work by SACFS crews hope someone pointed out to the minister this extra work and back up of MFS the government got for NOTHING yesterday!!

misterteddy:

--- Quote from: SA Firey on March 14, 2012, 08:31:44 AM ---When there was an explosion a large ball of flame created that much radiant heat he got burns to the hands while up there.
--- End quote ---

epic glove fail.......or was he wearing working gloves and not structural gloves??

--- Quote from: SA Firey on March 14, 2012, 08:31:44 AM ---I was at the end of the street and could feel the heat there so after that 205 was lowered so they could get him out. Ambulance came in and picked him up but thankfully not serious.

--- End quote ---
so you would have been one of the hundreds of rubberneckers turned out to photograph the event and just talk to their mates from the scene; all the while blocking roads and getting in the responding services way?..... as per usual.

SA Firey:

--- Quote from: SA Firey on March 14, 2012, 08:31:44 AM ---I was at the end of the street and could feel the heat there so after that 205 was lowered so they could get him out. Ambulance came in and picked him up but thankfully not serious.

--- End quote ---
so you would have been one of the hundreds of rubberneckers turned out to photograph the event and just talk to their mates from the scene; all the while blocking roads and getting in the responding services way?..... as per usual.

[/quote]

No IDIOT we were MEDIA :-P

pumprescue:
Any reason it took so long to figure out how to fight it ?

FlameTrees:

--- Quote from: pumprescue on March 14, 2012, 02:39:59 PM ---Any reason it took so long to figure out how to fight it ?

--- End quote ---

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say lack of previous experience in fighting an oil fire like that, along with associated risks preventing an effective direct attack.

I had nothing to do with the operation, but would say more of the latter, and a bit of the former.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version