Author Topic: Wingfield Waste Oil fire  (Read 143147 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

misterteddy

Re: Wingfield Waste Oil fire
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »
apparantly 205 with a burnover as well ....

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »
Oh gee, thats nasty. Nowhere to hide in the bucket. Hope whoever was up is ok.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Timbo

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 07:36:34 PM »
Oh gee, thats nasty. Nowhere to hide in the bucket. Hope whoever was up is ok.

The operator would (should) have been in BA, and full structural clothing, and the bucket has water spray below it, so hopefully not as bad as it sounds

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »
When there was an explosion a large ball of flame created that much radiant heat he got burns to the hands while up there. I was at the end of the street and could feel the heat there so after that 205 was lowered so they could get him out. Ambulance came in and picked him up but thankfully not serious.

Pics are on Oz :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
Good work by SACFS crews hope someone pointed out to the minister this extra work and back up of MFS the government got for NOTHING yesterday!!

misterteddy

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »
When there was an explosion a large ball of flame created that much radiant heat he got burns to the hands while up there.

epic glove fail.......or was he wearing working gloves and not structural gloves??

I was at the end of the street and could feel the heat there so after that 205 was lowered so they could get him out. Ambulance came in and picked him up but thankfully not serious.
so you would have been one of the hundreds of rubberneckers turned out to photograph the event and just talk to their mates from the scene; all the while blocking roads and getting in the responding services way?..... as per usual.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »

I was at the end of the street and could feel the heat there so after that 205 was lowered so they could get him out. Ambulance came in and picked him up but thankfully not serious.
so you would have been one of the hundreds of rubberneckers turned out to photograph the event and just talk to their mates from the scene; all the while blocking roads and getting in the responding services way?..... as per usual.

[/quote]

No IDIOT we were MEDIA :-P
Images are copyright

pumprescue

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 02:39:59 PM »
Any reason it took so long to figure out how to fight it ?

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
Any reason it took so long to figure out how to fight it ?

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say lack of previous experience in fighting an oil fire like that, along with associated risks preventing an effective direct attack.

I had nothing to do with the operation, but would say more of the latter, and a bit of the former.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
What Media Are you??

misterteddy

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »

my apology.....rude, scum sucking, story twisting, ambulance (or fire appliance) chasing, rubber necker then?

I bet you had a tabbard too didnt you??

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »

my apology.....rude, scum sucking, story twisting, ambulance (or fire appliance) chasing, rubber necker then?

So it is true that there is bullying in the Fire Service, you just proved it on an open forum LOSER
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:21:35 AM by SA Firey »
Images are copyright

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 07:38:44 AM »
Come on Firey...you should know by now you can either agree with teddy or be wrong!!

misterteddy

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 02:14:42 PM »
Come on Firey...you should know by now you can either agree with teddy or be wrong!!

Glad we've finally sorted that out Flame  :wink:

wow....u reckon thats bullying??...lmao ...maybe you really are in the media. Lets hope the new rules on putting up job piccs onto the net doesnt affect your "career" too much then..lolol

misterteddy

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
and for the record.....whilst I certainly used rubbernecker in my post.....you in fact started the personal abuse..lol.... did i mention not very smart either?

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »
and for the record.....whilst I certainly used rubbernecker in my post.....you in fact started the personal abuse..lol.... did i mention not very smart either?

MisterTeddy...are you claiming this is not bullying or abuse ".....rude, scum sucking, story twisting, ambulance (or fire appliance) chasing, rubber necker then?...."

Who cares who started what...that is a school yard claim that I thought would not come from an adult.
Andrew Macmichael

misterteddy

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
mmm...ok...I can see how that reads....my added adjectives were similes for the media in general, not SA Firey per se, after he had added his qualifier for his justification in being so close to a going job with a wide exclusion zone for the purpose of taking pictures. I still believe that rubberneckers....whether they be joe public or quasi-media types have no place around a job like that

I reject the adult tag as an outrageous slur....

Let's get back to normal programming.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 06:47:43 PM »
mmm...ok...I can see how that reads....my added adjectives were similes for the media in general, not SA Firey per se, after he had added his qualifier for his justification in being so close to a going job with a wide exclusion zone for the purpose of taking pictures. I still believe that rubberneckers....whether they be joe public or quasi-media types have no place around a job like that

I reject the adult tag as an outrageous slur....

Let's get back to normal programming.

Fully agree and thanks
Andrew Macmichael

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 07:41:27 PM »
Gotta say, SAFirey takes some pretty awesome shots...Saw a few on ozfire and in the Advertiser. Nice work.

Any update on the injured firefighter. Saw all the smoke from West Tce, and throught straight away: Wingfield.

I think there is a major fire there every six months?

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
How childish can one get! Prob would be complaining if there was no media there and no coverage!! Keep up the good work SA Firey! BTW on the incident I see on the news the oil got through the booms in last nights storm and got in to the wetlands!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 08:14:38 PM »
Thanks for the compliments on the photos guys :-)

At a Major Incident such as this one, MEDIA were required to attend at the Media Staging Area in front of where 2090 was located.

This was outside the exclusion zone, and with the help of some good lenses got some great shots from that position. :wink:

Thanks to MFS Commander Mick Smith for affording us the time for interviews during the course of fire-fighting operations.

A great effort by MFS/CFS to get this under control.

Images are copyright

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 08:19:51 AM »
....BTW on the incident I see on the news the oil got through the booms in last nights storm and got in to the wetlands!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/fire-burning-at-mulhern-waste-oil-depot-at-wingfield/story-e6frea83-1226298093585

Not a good aftermath consequence...
Andrew Macmichael

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
So much sniping we could join the STAR force......

anything