Equipment > All Equipment discussion

Sirens on american vehicles

(1/2) > >>

bajdas:
Just viewed the YouTube clip "Richmond Fire-Rescue Quint 1 responding to medical call"
Richmond Fire-Rescue Quint 1 responding to medical call

The extra siren plus air horn they use at intersections must be deafening
No wonder they are wearing headsets.

Alan (Big Al):
COuld be worse, have seen a clip of a US fire appliance with a large Train horn on it blasting through suburbia in the middle of the night.

Robert-Robert34:
Maybe the americans could have loctronic sirens on their appliances instead of the Q siren and horn although i guess we could adapt to having their powercall siren on our appliances

Medic 750 and Medic 253 Responding with Powercall

6739264:

--- Quote from: Robert-Robert34 on March 18, 2012, 02:46:01 PM ---Maybe the americans could have loctronic sirens on their appliances instead of the Q siren and horn although i guess we could adapt to having their powercall siren on our appliances

--- End quote ---

I think your argument is flawed. This is primarily due to the Powercall being a fantastic siren and the Loctronic siren being nearly one of the worst ever invented. "Mix" - For when you're too lazy to operate a siren correctly.

;)

Zippy:
Having ride on a appliance with a spec'ed up siren with stock code3 hardware...i do wish there were two volumes to our sirens ;)  

1. "Cruise control". - confirming to SOP, whilst not causing a needless raquet.
2. "GTFO of our way". - Indefinately confirming to SOP, wanting people with Dubstep ears off the roads.

Having a very loud siren, and a truck doing no better speed than a B-Double going up a hill is sometimes embarassing.

However, there are definately times where the stock CFS siren gear on todays 34P's just plain sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version