Author Topic: Greenhill 34 to Wirraba  (Read 6714 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« on: May 10, 2012, 07:40:45 PM »
18:58:10   10-05-12   FYI, our 34 has been seconded to Wirrabara for upto 3 days, no Greenhill crew are on this deployment, I did not agree with this, capt - CFS Greenhill Info

----------------

Good on him. Stations with 2x heavy trucks were completely overlooked for the cross-crew strategy.

Where's the coverage policy. Where's the regional strike team appliances policy. Where's any strategy at all?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:19:08 PM »
perfectly good regional spare 34 sitting in our station which would be perfect for a strike team like this, and to be honest if we were asked to supply a truck we would probably send this instead of our 34
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:39:38 PM »
18:58:10   10-05-12   FYI, our 34 has been seconded to Wirrabara for upto 3 days, no Greenhill crew are on this deployment, I did not agree with this, capt - CFS Greenhill Info

----------------

Good on him. Stations with 2x heavy trucks were completely overlooked for the cross-crew strategy.

Where's the coverage policy. Where's the regional strike team appliances policy. Where's any strategy at all?

Pretty sure East Torrens has a strategy!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:03:48 PM by CFS_Firey »
Just Another Filtered Fireman

pumprescue

Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »
Clearly they don't.......

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 04:28:37 PM »
Trucks dont belong to a brigade, they belong to the CFS. If a Regional Commander or Officer, armed with a lot more information and expertise than a Captain makes the decision to second an appliance, they have every right to.

Me thinks the Greenhill captain needs to get over themselves.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

pumprescue

Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »
So you think sending their only large appliance with BA is smarter than sending some other brigades 3rd rural only appliance ? You must be a CFS staff member!!

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
 No just sick of uneducated, jump to conclusions vollies who think they know better, when they only see a little part of the overall picture.

I dont know it all, far far far far from it, but I have taken the time to actually go and see how large incidents operate at a Regional level, and gained some very different perspectives on things, including some critical decision making that may appear to make no sense locally, but when you have ALL the information, makes perfect sense.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

pumprescue

Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »
Trust me, I know more than you realise, then jumped ship!!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Greenhill 34 to Wirraba
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »
Using an appliance from stations with two heavy appliances should be on the top of the list for regional composite strike teams. If that is not a smart idea, what is one.

E.g Summertown BWC, Lobethal 34, Stirling 24, Littlehampton 24, Balhannah 34.

Used by crews from ET/Lofty/Heysen/Onka.

With the above, there is still two heavy appliances from either the primary and the nearest back available for each beat.

When it comes to a Light strike team, I guess it goes the otherway around:

Greenhill 14, Carey Gully QRV, Mylor 14, Bradbury 14 with Norton Summit BWC.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:32:27 PM by Zippy »

anything