Author Topic: E1/2/3/4  (Read 4295 times)

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
E1/2/3/4
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:58:09 AM »
Just wondering if anyone can shed any light onto what these resources are.

Obviously some sort of first responder. Where are they based, hours of operation, primary role etc??
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: E1/2/3/4
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:32:58 PM »
Pends on what kind of first responder you are referring too as theres 3 types

1. Single Paramedic Rapid Intervention Team (Sprint)

2. Single responders which can be with a paramedic or volunteer ambulance officer responding solo to the scene

3. Community First Responders(volunteer ambulance officers who can provide treatment but not do a carry)

The primary role of a first responder is to respond to a medical emergency and assess the patient and provide treatment until a ambulance with paramedics or a full crew can arrive on scene

Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
No, there is a new call sign that is coming up with SAAS, being E1, E2, E3 and E4 (in fact I think I have seen an E6)

These appear to be different to Sprint, ECP's and TL's.

I am wondering if they might be Paramedic first responders, sort of a "down graded" Sprint.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline D6

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »
They are spare para's in fleets roaming around first responding coz SAAS are so short on crews! 8-)

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:39:41 PM »
Cheers D6.....confirms my suspicions :)

Being a northern suburbs kid, really is concerning me the lack of crews out here 5 crews to cover from Elizabeth through to the Barossa.......and I noticed on the weekend a sick crew on PF71, meaning an overtime crew from Renmark was working the area at one stage  :?

Offline D6

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »
yeh they are seriously short at the moment.... and yet everyone still struggles to get a job with them. so much O/T available and not enough people to cover it all....