Technical Discussion > HAZMAT

Mercury '05

(1/6) > >>

CFS_fire32:
What brigades (HAZMAT) were involved in the Mercury '05 exercise?  I see on the promo website that State HAZMAT, Burnside and Athelstone CFS were involved.
What feedback do they have about their role as one of the combatant authorities?
Was it a worth while exercise? I would imagine it would be a great exercise to be a part of, from a HAZMAT point of view anyway.

OMGWTF:
oakbank/balhannah 24p, athelstone 24p and burnside hazmat all attended... and  i believe did all there work at the QEH doing decon...

LOL at the MFS though, during the bgi excercise on wednesday the mets got two real HAZMATs... very short on the ground crew wise, casused a COQ for dalkeith to angle park, burnside pumper to glen osmond, happy valley to christies, and at the completion of there role in mercury, athelstone and oakbank were set up at Adelaide stn for some time...

also believe tea tree gully were sitting in golden grove's station all day.

some of these COQ were pre-organised.

CFS_fire32:
What about Stirling and Eden Hills?

I was a little disappointed that other HAZMAT brigades (particularly those in Region 1) weren't given the opportunity to take part - at least for one of the days.

Let's face it, if something does go down, there will be HAZMAT brigades flooding in left, right and centre from all around the state.

strikeathird:
Yea found it a little amusing when 206 informed METS HQ it would be 2 hours to have the tender ready to roll...  Then the HAzmat out north went 2nd alarm...

15 mins later... Fire / Hazmat at Brighton...  Hows that for timing !!

Toast:
Stirling didnt get a run, apart from our SAPOL and MART members. I was a bit surprised to see that COQ setup... Why Burside didnt rotate into Adelaide and then Stirling into Glen Osmond seems odd. I assume both Athelstone and Oakbank/Balhannah had 24P's ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version