Author Topic: Online SAGRN Scanner  (Read 61217 times)

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Online SAGRN Scanner
« on: October 22, 2005, 07:55:05 PM »
Hi all, just wanted to let you know that we now have a online scanner stream running in South Australia. At the moment it is scanning a number of SAGRN sites and a couple of conventional frequencies, most of the traffic you will hear is Ambos, MFS & CFS with a bit of the SES, St John and Multi Agency talkgroups in there as well.

It is still in test mode at the moment but will be generally 24/7 unless it crashes for some reason.

Log onto http://users.chariot.net.au/~mattb/scan/sa-scan.asx to have a listen.
Also have a look at http://users.chariot.net.au/~mattb/scan/scanner.htm for all the info on scanning in South Australia.

Cheers

Matt  :-D

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Online SAGRN Scanner
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 09:39:14 PM »
How did you get the MFS Dispatch ID matt as im looking to programming my 780xlt to recieve the Mount Gambier MFS Dispatch ID as well as all other South East emergency service ID's
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 09:51:08 PM »
Robert, all the talkgroup ID's can be found on my website at http://users.chariot.net.au/~mattb/scan/scanner.htm just click on "Government Radio Network" and then "Talkgroups".

The MFS in the south east use id 16272 '195 MFS SOUTH EAST'.

Regards

Matt

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 01:31:46 AM »
Nicely done Matt... Impressive site :-o ...looks like the fruit of a lot of hard work....

strikeathird

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 01:29:17 PM »
Nice work matt. :-)

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 03:54:27 PM »
i have acquired the ID'S from your site matt and have read the info on how to program a trunk tracker 3 to correctly scan the SAGRN but do i place the data frequencies in first or the voice channels
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 04:02:07 PM by Robert34 »
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 06:44:15 PM »
Robert, enter the data channel first and then the voice channels. The voice channels can then all be locked out providing you have set them all as Motorola trunking channels.

If you have a standard serial cable then I suggest you try programming it with some software, it will make your life a lot easier.
AFS780 is pretty easy to use and is free, it can be downloaded from http://www.barghis.com/bc780xlt/index.htm

Matt

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 09:32:10 PM »
I owe you a big thanks matt for your scanner programming advice no sooner had i placed all of my ID'S and the data channels into my scanner and started trunking CFS State Opps 111 came on air  :-D

I am planning to put some more voice channels and ID's on my scanner later by the way do you know which multi agency/mutual aid talk group would be used in the South East during a major emergency or is that something i have to find out 

Thanks once again for your help as now i dont have to listen to SAPOL digital transmissions

Robert
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 10:39:04 PM »
Talkgroup 017 is reserved for making contact with the SAPOL communications centre for requesting a multi agency talkgroup, you sometimes hear stuff on that one.

Talkgroup 020 is reserved for helicopter liaison, that gets used a lot for landings in rural areas.

As for a multi agency talkgroup for operations in the South East, it could be either 027, 030 or 031 but sometimes they don't follow the rules when allocating them and give out ones that you wouldn't normally expect.

If your scanner has the room put them all in, you should have 100 talkgroups per bank to play with, if you run out of space then use another bank with the same GRN site in it.

mb

strikeathird

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 11:03:02 PM »
Their is a slight delay, but that would be due to the live stream...  All in all a good job Matt. !!  (Pity about all the SAAS dribble... :P )

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 01:30:25 AM »
What CFS talk groups are you monitoring? I take it all the RHQ channels, and a few group talk groups?

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 11:54:20 AM »
Hi Matt,
Makes very interesting listening. Good job.
I have a question. We had a job on within our group at the same time i was listening to the stream for the first time. I heard SHQ telling an appliance to go to our group talkgroup (thats how i knew the job was on) but i couldn't hear anything from the people on scene. Does the scanner only pick up stronger signals ie Adelaide area.
Cheers.
Adam

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 02:08:57 PM »
Are the Multi Agency Talkgroups on the normal SAGRN frequencies or SAGRN Simplex frequencies
Kalangadoo Brigade

Wagon 1

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 04:31:52 PM »
Might not have the local stuff in it, also, if it scans again if people don't talk quick enough you will miss a lot.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 09:42:16 PM »
The scanner is setup to monitor all Regional and State HQ talkgroups as well as all group talkgroups in Region 1 & 2, it will also pickup any other CFS talkgroups if someone affiliates through the Mt Lofty site (i.e if someone in Adelaide turns a radio onto talkgroup 200 and it connects to the Mt Lofty site then you will hear that on the scanner).

During summer or when there are interesting incidents going on the programming may change a little.

Robert, the multi agency talkgroups operate on the normal SAGRN frequencies, you just need to have a radio connected to a site that you are listening to on one of those talkgroups to be able to hear them. The multi agency simplex channels are rarely used (anyone know if they still use them at hazmat jobs).

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 06:13:44 PM »
With your vast knowledge of scanner frequencies matt you should make a scanner book for South Australian scanner users
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 02:09:45 PM »
Sorry for the double post but can you monitor the SAGRN Paging Frequency 148.8125 in trunking mode or is software needed for this kind of thing
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 08:54:13 PM »
Robert, to monitor paging you need some software, try downloading PDW from http://www.p2000-flex.tk/ it takes a bit of mucking around to get it working but once it's going it works well.

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 10:51:25 AM »
This is great and I would listen to it every time I was online if Region 3 was included :-)
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 12:13:04 PM »
Hey matt is there a chance you'll produce a book of South Australia scanner frequencies for SA scanner users in the near future as the ones i currently have are out of date

I would be one of the first buyers if the book comes on sale in the South East
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 01:19:15 PM »
I would also purchas one if it included R3. I only have a few for our region need more info  :-D

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 01:22:05 PM »
Would you have your stuff on CD disk as I would also love to purchas one of them.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 01:42:56 PM »
I would purchase both the book and CD if it had Region 5 frequencies,talkgroups etc...etc as well as freqeucnies for private forestry companies in the South East and media services too
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 06:38:16 PM »
There ya go matt... make a bit of money.

strikeathird

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 07:46:29 PM »
Gooooo Matty Go !!  Gooooo Matyy Go !!

:lol:

anything