Author Topic: Online SAGRN Scanner  (Read 61261 times)

PF_

Re: Online SAGRN Scanner
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2006, 09:27:01 PM »
Must be something big going down in Noarlunga, Adelaide 205 has been called I think, kinda hard to understand

But wonder why theyre talkin bout this beast

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »
Glad to hear that the online scanner is of use to you guys. For those so inclined I have now added the option of making a donation from the website using Paypal. I'm also open to thoughts of having a sponsorship or advertising arrangement.

Must be something big going down in Noarlunga, Adelaide 205 has been called I think, kinda hard to understand

The Bronto's respond to fixed alarms in A class buildings and some other specific premises, it's not unusual to see them responding to jobs in the burbs every day.

You were hearing them on the Noarlunga site because a radio nearby to that site was turned on and monitoring MFS talkgroup 150, just because you heard them on that site doesn't mean they are in the area. You could technically hear someone in Ceduna coming through that site (or any other sites).

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2006, 02:17:55 PM »
Any chance of getting any other regions on to the scanner or does that take up more room than you've got???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2006, 04:17:50 PM »
At the moment the scanner is basically covering all of the sites I can reliably pick up.

When good conditions prevail I can hear a number of sites on the West Coast and K.I. and the scanner will automatically scan those as well, but normally they are out of my reach. Even the Adelaide site is a bit dodgy from here.

Most of the CFS, MFS, SES and SAAS talkgroups that are regularly used are already programmed in, as far as I can tell there is not much more emergency service traffic that is available to me.

What we really need is a couple more online scanners setup around the state, that would cover things nicely.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2006, 04:26:27 PM »
Matt do you run the scanner itself off an external antenna? If so what sort. Thanks
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
It is currently running on a Diamond Discone, although sometimes I use a UHF Yagi or a UHF CB 6db vertical.

The Discone is best for VHF and UHF stuff, it has an omnidirectional pattern and can be used to transmit on many VHF and UHF frequencies as well. This gives you an idea of some of the Discone specs http://www.ozgear.com.au/Diamond/dseries.htm

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2006, 07:47:40 PM »
Hey everyone sorry i havent been online for the last couple of weeks as i needed to get a dialup modem put in my computer so i could have free dodo dialup to use until my DSL is hooked up

My trunk tracker 3 scanner is fitted very snuggly in its vehicle mounting bracket which is mounted under my overhead kitchen cupboards on the lower level where im able to see who is transmitting

As for the antenna im using a UHF CB 6db base antenna mounted on a mounting bracket which is attached to a small piece of pine decking thats is affixed to the house face boards... the antenna base lead is led through the window and fitted up to the antenna output which is scanner antenna plug that replaced the CB screw on plug which was on there 

Even though credit goes to my dad for the pine decking base mount and affixment of a scanner antenna plug on the base lead i did the whole antenna & base setup my self with out no help  :-D

Im able to recieve signals crystal clear from all local data sites although i am still trying to locate the frequencies Kalangadoo Mill uses but that will take some time maybe i'll buy a long UHF whip antenna or one of those that you use Matt  8-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

probie_boy

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2006, 10:31:22 AM »
how much did that cost?

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2006, 01:11:53 PM »
It only cost between 20-25 bucks for the antenna and base lead altogether the other materials were laying around in my dads car shed so we improvised and put together a real good scanner antenna mount
Kalangadoo Brigade

probie_boy

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »
i meant the actual scanner. aren't they like $4000?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2006, 01:20:26 PM »
More like a few hundred $$$
Lt. Goolwa CFS

strikeathird

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2006, 01:29:17 PM »

haha.. For a gold plated one maybe...

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2006, 01:52:33 PM »

not for something like a uniden ubc780, the same as is sitting in your station probie_boy.  They come up every so often on ebay for around $350.

PS. went by the Crafers chicken shop again last night, it's still shut with the same sign on the door saying it's for sale.

probie_boy

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »

PS. went by the Crafers chicken shop again last night, it's still shut with the same sign on the door saying it's for sale.

god damn it! there go our discounts!

probie_boy

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2006, 05:17:18 PM »
it works! awesome matt! :-D

probie_boy

« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »
by the way matt, is this completely legal? i'm not sure due to ambos discussing patients and so on.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2006, 05:28:09 PM »
It was always my understanding that it was not illegal to use a scanner...... only to act on the information gained from it. No matter what service.......
(Page 3) ;)

probie_boy

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2006, 05:34:24 PM »
ah mel where would i be without you!

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2006, 09:41:22 AM »
In a nutshell - Yes it is legal.

This has been tested by a number of agencies interstate and so far no one has been able to point to any specific legislation stating it is illegal to broadcast a scanner over the internet. All of the streams interstate are still going without any further hassles.

I know that some people have expressed concerns about the paging but I have never had any trouble with the online scanner.

PF_

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2006, 01:39:27 PM »
its only illegal if you get caught :-P

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2006, 11:58:26 AM »
Well its Fire Season again and for anyone wanting to hear the action,or acquire a Uniden UBC780XLT Trunktracker this thread is for you.

See ebay under Scanners for them they are coming up quite regularly

Happy listening guys and girls :-D   
Images are copyright