Author Topic: Pager messages  (Read 22369 times)

Offline Raven

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Pager messages
« on: December 20, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
Just wondering, how many of you read the complete pager message while responding?
F/F Sellicks Beach, Kyeema Group.

Offline kiwifirefighter

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Pager messages
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »
if alert tone 7 will read to see if there is a incident number, other wise i wont read the entire message until I get to the station

Offline crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
Pretty well the same... Incident number and type and the rest when I'm in the station
cant prove it?? then i didnt do it......

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »
Read the whole message before leaving for the station, gets annoying when people come into the station asking what the job is.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04:45 PM »
Just curious. Cause we had a call today, 5 people responded (1 of those an Aux to do Radio), I was the only one to read the full pager message, which specifically asked for our QRV, but when I asked while getting dressed, I was told we we're going to take our 34.
When we called in to Adelaide Fire, we were practically told off for doing so, because our QRV was responded, not 34.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »
Yep always read the full pager.

Many a person has looked incredibly stupid turning up at the station after responding to a test message.

Offline First response

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
PLEASE ADVISE IF CLEAR OF INC 0047 - CFS Goolwa Response
17:44:30   20-12-12   PLEASE ADVISE IF CLEAR OF INC 0047 - CFS Mundoo Group Officers Response

I thought every one would have this down pat by now. One more thing A/F don't need to do.
Brigade's should be on top of this by now.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 09:42:26 PM »
17:44:30   20-12-12   PLEASE ADVISE IF CLEAR OF INC 0047 - CFS Mundoo Group Officers Response

I thought every one would have this down pat by now. One more thing A/F don't need to do.

Having missed this job i dont know the circumstances but if indeed our brigade did fail to clear this job it would be the very first time out of 150+ jobs since sacad came online.

Also it is quite possible they were still on scene at the job??
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »

Btw first response, the above brigade hadnt cleared the incident they had the alarm reactivate and were still in attendance when this page was sent. Thanks.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline First response

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »
But that was about 1.5 hours after the alarm happen. Bit of a touchy subject. Sorry Big Al

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
not a touchy subject at all, it aplies to anything anyone says on here, if you are going to have a dig about brigades not clearing with AF (or anything for that matter) then make sure your information is correct..
As said they were still at the job if its 1.5hrs later so be it that makes no difference they were still at the job.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »
Not always the Brigade's fault either.

We have had a couple instances where we have cleared an appliance and had acknowledgement from AF, only to receive a phone call to the Station half an hour or so later asking if the appliance is back online yet.

Not having a dig at AF Operators, but just saying...

Offline First response

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »
19:51:38   14-02-13   Until further notice, Port Elliot Captain will be your duty officer for incidents. - CFS Port Elliot Info

What going on down at Mundoo. Where are all the duty officers gone?  I have heard along grape vine that someone has been scheiße stirring and people have left because of it. Not good. No wonder the service is losing people.

Offline Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 09:20:25 PM »
19:51:38   14-02-13   Until further notice, Port Elliot Captain will be your duty officer for incidents. - CFS Port Elliot Info

What going on down at Mundoo. Where are all the duty officers gone?  I have heard along grape vine that someone has been scheiße stirring and people have left because of it. Not good. No wonder the service is losing people.

On that subject, this was sent yesterday after they had an RCR call (469 and 439 also sent) and it seems they didn't get a truck out.

16:31:40 13-02-13 SEAF: JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER WE ARE A FIRE BRIGADE AND U DO HAVE TO RESPOND TO GET A TRUCK OUT WELL DONE GUYS AND GIRLS CFS Seaford Info

This really doesn't help keep members.

And I suppose this wouldn't help either...
21:08:16 14-02-13 BURN INFO: ANYONE KNOW WHERE 24 AND BWC ARE? NOTHING ON BOARD, NOTHING IN OCCURANCE BOOK, NO PAGE AND NOT IN STATION... HAVE THEY BEEN STOLEN? CFS Burnside Info

21:23:32 14-02-13 BURN INFO: HI GUYS ANY F#####G CHANCE YOU COULD LET YOUR GROUP OFFICERS KNOW THAT YOU'VE SELF DEPLOYED TO A FIRE CFS Burnside Info

flyonthewall

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »
If I may add also that all that info (paging message) is available to anyone online it really is not good looking for the service.

It does not look good in the publics eye, after all, the CFS is a professional organisation that is looking after 95% of the state, isn't it? 

pumprescue

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 09:35:55 PM »
Not really, just 95% of the state is in CFS area....

Offline J_Buss

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • SilverSounds Australia
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
Hey all,

I actually don't read it, I hear the alarm tone and get to the station then ask someone or read it in the truck. I know your meant to but Id rather get there first.
J_Buss

Offline Yossarian

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »
In a previous life ie 2 brigades ago, we had a firie that use to turn up for a call then ask what it was.  In those days the alarm tone was the same as tone 7 on the pager, so we set the pager alarm for 3am.  She was feeling a bit odd when she got there and no one else turned up.  After that she never just turned up on the tone or if she did she didnt ask.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 11:12:58 AM »
Yes, because I might grab some extra gear before leaving that I normally do not carry in my bag. eg extra water bottles.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline First response

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 09:33:19 PM »
20:31:03   04-05-13   MFS: *CFSRES INC0118 04/05/13 20:30 RESPOND GRASS FIRE, ALARM LEVEL: 1, GOOLWA RD MOSQUITO HILL,MAP:C/95D 54,TG 138, == 5KM S/E FROM VICTOR HARBOUR ROAD ON LEFT SIDE HEADING TO GOOLWA :AIRDESK MCMP24P R : - CFS Mount Compass Response

Why would we have a group officer driving P1 at a silly speed to this call to get there and do what.
It's dark 9 pm P1 from where ever seems a bit silly

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »
Were you listening to the radio comms for this job?  I can't see anywhere in the pager message it says P1......

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline J_Buss

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • SilverSounds Australia
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 08:54:34 AM »
Now I am starting to read at least what Inc. type is.
J_Buss

anything