Author Topic: New MFS station for Salisbury  (Read 84471 times)

Offline Wholey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: New MFS station for Salisbury
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 11:53:50 PM »
I heard a rumour that Edinburgh SES maybe moved to or adjacent to this new station.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2014, 12:24:05 PM »
I heard a rumour that Edinburgh SES maybe moved to or adjacent to this new station.

Correct.
Images are copyright

Offline bolts

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 03:47:34 PM »
So technically Ferret new station means they will need new recruits like me to fill it?  Or it doesn't work  that way ?

Nah mate, its just replacing the old Salisbury station. If Mawson lakes eventuates they will need recruits to fill it

The MFS has a "5 year plan" for the building / rebuilding of new stations. Mawson lakes will be done next which is scheduled to start next year. Next is St Mary's which will be similar in design to the new Salisbury command station. Then O'Halloran Hill (similar design to Mawson Lakes) and then Christies

Offline bolts

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2015, 06:40:05 AM »
Mr Teddy i dont want to get into an arguement about working conditions in different jobs. i was just trying to explain why the cost might be so high. Fire services all over the world have these conditions and facilities.

Have you visited a UK fire station recently, I did in November. Many of them would kill for O'Halloran Hill, which most career firies here think is unsuitable for habitation, let alone manning.

Don't know how you came up with this statement. I think you'll find that the permanent Firies at O'Halloran Hill don't mind their station at all.

Offline Muscle n Pluck

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2015, 07:50:31 AM »
Perhaps you should speak with them before u make these comments
The "Hill" is clearly the worst station, and is overdue for replacement.
And its a 40 year cycle.check your facts

Offline bolts

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 09:33:27 PM »
Muscle N Pluck as I am one of the permanent Firies at The Hill I reckon I'm pretty well within my rights to make the comment that I did. Yes the station is coming to the end of its used by date (as you said stations are supposed to have a 40 year life span which will be up in 2018, so not yet overdue - check your facts) but I don't enjoy going to work any less just because our station is a little run down.