Author Topic: Kangaroo Island Incident/Deployment  (Read 7860 times)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Kangaroo Island Incident/Deployment
« on: February 17, 2013, 07:48:35 AM »
Hi all any one with any info on what's happening on KI??

17-02-13 08:08:45   Im looking for a crew to go to KI for possibly 4 days with TT14 CAFS. Call me if available. Captain - CFS Tea Tree Gully Info

17-02-13 08:11:06   Please refer to mobile text message I sent you re deployment to KI fire.Cpt - CFS Blackwood Info

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Kangaroo Island Incident/Deployment
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:20:16 AM »

There was this last night.
MFS: *CFSRES INC0107 16/02/13 23:28 RESPOND STRUCTURE COMMERCIAL, ALARM LEVEL: 1, TIMBER CREEK RD MACGILLIVRAY,MAP:C/75B 53,TG 130, :PARN24P R PARN34 WSTD34 :
 Plus
CFS:*CFSRES: BD500 AND AAS PEARCE RESPOND FOR RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHT AS PER SARC REQUEST, MACGILLIVRAY (KANGAROO ISLAND), 224 M DEGREES, 84 NMS FROM WAB. 17/02/2013 7:36:54 AM
And
CFS:AIR SUPPORT RESPONDING TO MACGILLIVRAY INCIDENT (IN TRANSIT FROM PT LINCOLN). INCIDENT CONTROLLER MONITOR TG 119 UPON THEIR ARRIVAL 17/02/2013 8:39:56 AM
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline HeavyRescue

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 08:39:53 AM »
It's a fire at the timber mill.

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:29:06 AM »
Bit off the topic but ive noticed that there has been all but no media coverage of fires around the place lately. Like the fire near Monarto? Seems appliances have been attending in various forms since friday night but nothing on the news? Are these types of incidents not newsworthy because they arent closer to the city?

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »
Bit off the topic but ive noticed that there has been all but no media coverage of fires around the place lately. Like the fire near Monarto? Seems appliances have been attending in various forms since friday night but nothing on the news? Are these types of incidents not newsworthy because they arent closer to the city?

I agree mate right across the state in last 4 days has been incredibally busy!!

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:06:56 AM »
No media releases from CFS other than advice or warning messages that I have seen. Therefore no media coverage.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 09:35:07 AM »
I too think it's pretty poor given the activity across quite a bit of the state since friday.

Matt and Dave (891) had a local pollie (think it was Michael Pengilly, member for Finiss) on the radio this morning claiming he had media organisations calling his office for info as they couldn't get hold of anyone from CFS Media over the weekend.

misterteddy

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »
Blackwood 24 CAFS and Eden Hills 14 CAFS both on KI for a 3day deployment left on Sunday

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
Blackwood 24 CAFS and Eden Hills 14 CAFS both on KI for a 3day deployment left on Sunday
Also saw Tea Tree Gully looking for a crew for their 14 so i would imagine that's there as well?

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 12:22:53 PM »
Also saw Tea Tree Gully looking for a crew for their 14 so i would imagine that's there as well?

That's correct.

Offline FlameTrees

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 08:39:35 AM »
I too think it's pretty poor given the activity across quite a bit of the state since friday.

Matt and Dave (891) had a local pollie (think it was Michael Pengilly, member for Finiss) on the radio this morning claiming he had media organisations calling his office for info as they couldn't get hold of anyone from CFS Media over the weekend.

I find that a little hard to beleive. There are after hours media officers for MFS, CFS & SES (1 each) all with the same access to CRIIMSON, and they all work out of the same office, so I cant see why 1 wouldnt fill a hole if need be.
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 01:41:04 PM »

I find that a little hard to beleive. There are after hours media officers for MFS, CFS & SES (1 each) all with the same access to CRIIMSON, and they all work out of the same office, so I cant see why 1 wouldnt fill a hole if need be.

I heard the same from a very reliable source. Lets not forget that the MLO group has changed significantly...

As i heard it the CFS on call MLO was pretty much off the grid on the weekend.

pumprescue

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »
Same sh*t different day when it comes to media.