General Discussion > Introductions

In for life

<< < (4/4)

bittenyakka:
I meant that as a bit of a joke  :-D

personally i wish we could do more burns as it is an effective means of reducing fire danger

rescue5271:
Sure would be nice if we could do some more or do any kind of burn but the green people wont allow us too.....

SA Firey:

--- Quote from: 6739264 on October 19, 2007, 03:46:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: rescue5271 on October 19, 2007, 07:59:37 AM ---It was a burnt that went wrong,could happen to any one just shows you you should never under estimate the scrub and the weather....

--- End quote ---

Not really. Its a pretty common theme for NPWS. I've had colleagues on the top of a hill when NPWS have decided to light up the bottom of the hill for no apparent reason.

They are not nicknamed "National Sparks and Wildfires" for no reason.

--- End quote ---

Try NPWS lighting a backburn when your appliance is in the middle of the scrub chasing a flank, and all your plastic on the appliance melts as a result with the crews screaming CHECK CHECK CHECK on the radio as the fire goes over the top.I have a picture somewhere of the end result :-o

RescueHazmat:
Been thread hunting today ?.. Brought a few threads back from the dead.. - Had bout 15 threads to look at in the "Recent Unread Posts" section today.. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version