Author Topic: In for life  (Read 14441 times)

Offline Eric

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Murraylands Complete Garden Services
In for life
« on: October 29, 2005, 12:57:58 PM »
Ive been in the cfs for a fair few years until 2.5 years ago due to an illness, i thought id never go back BUT ive returned and couldnt happier, watching appliances go past and looking onĀ  the TV cfs crews doing their bit for the community i just had to scratch that annoying itch. For some people they just dont understand that feeling of satisfaction.

rescue5271

Re: In for life
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 06:04:54 PM »
welcome back hope you stay longer this time,enjoy ya time in the service and on this site.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 03:20:32 PM »
It's a  great feeling isn't it!
Has anyone else noticed that once they joined the fire service (or any other emergency service), they no longer look at the firetruck as it goes past, but they try to look into the truck, to see whose in it... :lol:

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 12:23:59 AM »
couple of weeks back, while wandering around town following the wife and kids from store to store,should mention at this stage i was wearing one of the brigade fire and rescue "t shirts" saw someone else wearing a cfs "t shirt" we caught each others eye,both of us just nodded and smiled.
aah the brotherhood,nothing needs to be said,you wouldnt miss it for quids!
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »
It's a  great feeling isn't it!
Has anyone else noticed that once they joined the fire service (or any other emergency service), they no longer look at the firetruck as it goes past, but they try to look into the truck, to see whose in it... :lol:

Considering it's your truck usally always :-D and you actauly take intrest in what trucks are going etc

should mention at this stage i was wearing one of the brigade fire and rescue "t shirts" saw someone else wearing a cfs "t shirt" we caught each others eye,both of us just nodded and smiled.
aah the brotherhood,nothing needs to be said,you wouldnt miss it for quids!

Mabey we should have "South Australian Fire & Rescue Shirt day" where everyone in CFS wears a CFS shirt?

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 06:02:04 PM »
Yeah but what colour would it be :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 06:41:24 PM »
well i only have a blue one

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 11:45:52 PM »
I'll go out with a paintball gun on that day..

DUMPH...... DUMPH DUMPH.... DUMPH...

:)

wicky

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 09:21:16 PM »
I'll go out with a paintball gun on that day..

DUMPH...... DUMPH DUMPH.... DUMPH...

did somebody say paintball ?  8-)

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 02:19:26 AM »
I'll meet you out front of the Myer Centre.. Bring your Marker.. We will have some fun "Rabbit Huntin" all the Fire Shirts!

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »
I know where not to go 8-) however mabey we could make the DEH boys a shirt that says something about morialta?

rescue5271

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 07:59:37 AM »
It was a burnt that went wrong,could happen to any one just shows you you should never under estimate the scrub and the weather....

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 10:03:01 AM »
We did a burnoff once, a week later we were called back, a grassie had burnt about 5-10 Ha turns out the owner neglected to tell us that where we were burning was a filled in refuse dump.  The fire had gotten into underground and started about 3 fires over the next two weeks.

It happens, DEH will be red faced for a little while but at least it's gotten rid of a lot of fuel from the park now.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
And in many ways, there is potential to generate the right sort of publicity about the potential of the upcoming fire season, and perhaps get residents thinking about cleaning up their properties, maybe even prompt some people to join the CFS...

And there are a few residents nearby Moritalta Park who are much happier, now that the fuel loads nearby their homes has been reduced.

I reckon the positives of the situation outweigh the negatives !

Pip

And for those that weren't there, the burn off was done in the Park on Sunday afternoon.  DEH crews were there monitoring the fire ground all Sunday night, and all day Monday (and for several days since!).

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »
It was a burnt that went wrong,could happen to any one just shows you you should never under estimate the scrub and the weather....

Not really. Its a pretty common theme for NPWS. I've had colleagues on the top of a hill when NPWS have decided to light up the bottom of the hill for no apparent reason.

They are not nicknamed "National Sparks and Wildfires" for no reason.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 11:33:47 PM »
I meant that as a bit of a joke  :-D

personally i wish we could do more burns as it is an effective means of reducing fire danger

rescue5271

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 06:31:29 AM »
Sure would be nice if we could do some more or do any kind of burn but the green people wont allow us too.....

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 05:59:20 PM »

Not really. Its a pretty common theme for NPWS. I've had colleagues on the top of a hill when NPWS have decided to light up the bottom of the hill for no apparent reason.

They are not nicknamed "National Sparks and Wildfires" for no reason.

Try NPWS lighting a backburn when your appliance is in the middle of the scrub chasing a flank, and all your plastic on the appliance melts as a result with the crews screaming CHECK CHECK CHECK on the radio as the fire goes over the top.I have a picture somewhere of the end result :-o
Images are copyright

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 07:45:56 PM »
Been thread hunting today ?.. Brought a few threads back from the dead.. - Had bout 15 threads to look at in the "Recent Unread Posts" section today.. :P