Author Topic: Conflict of Interest 2....  (Read 8450 times)

Offline kellyp

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Conflict of Interest 2....
« on: April 08, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
The story published in The Age Newspaper about EMSA and others did not go far enough.
St Johns Ambulance as previously mentioned is back dooring the NEPT industry by recruiting former employees of current patient transport providers including  Top Management. (Just goes to show how inept SJ's was before doesn't it?).
What the story didn't tell you was that Ambulance Victoria has ordered that all AV contractors must now have nothing less than Ferno 50E (the Yellow Ones) stretchers in NEPT vehicles. Contractors had already installed one of these stretchers and now must have 2. Further, the contractors must also be fully equipped for more than Code 2 and include a stair chair. (Jeez they're waking up).PTO's are also receiving further intruction in Emergency driving skills. Hello something we missed here?
The property mentioned being EMSA HQ in Hoppers Crossing is really there.
What the AV and the union failed to mentioned is that they pulled EMSA out of the site supposedly setting the site up for St John Ambulance.
Now, you can read into that what you like. Me, I think there is skullduggery going on bigtime (using taxpayers dollars also) and the Victorian Government, Ambulance Victoria and St Johns are as thick as thieves.

Kelly

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Conflict of Interest 2....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »
I must be missing something....facilities, training & equipment can all for part of a contract to supply. Who pays for what can all be negotiated. Happens regularly in the IT industry.

Working two or more jobs happens in many industries. I have been a courier driver part-time and IT worker full-time a few times in my life. Why not use your skills to earn extra money for your family ?

Not all down time is for sleeping & rest. You do maintenance around your house (incl roof cleaning gutters) & play sport. All have risks.

I agree that any extra work that affects your performance at your job should be dealt with by management. This has happened to me via appraisals & regular 'one on one' meetings with my team leader. All companies I have worked for over 30 years plus have doen this.

None needs to be in the media or sensationalised.

The postings seem to indicate a possible loss of contract to St Johns. Yes I have done some volunteering with them in SA & it is a very large organisation.

It does have advantage of some volunteer employees, but that comes with a risk. SA Ambulance Service have volunteers as well.

I dont see a conflict, just the results of normal contract negotiations.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

misterteddy

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:56:43 AM »
kelly.....you seem to know (?) so much. If you have evidence of corrupt behaviour then take it to your ICAC equivalent in Victoria, goodness knows they have had enough practice at investigating corrupt behaviour.

As for second jobs.....no-one in the Public Service will ever mandate a person cant work a second job based on needing hours off. Remember doctors in the state sytem work 100+ per week. Besides that, 9/10ths of the MFS have a second job and how would they survive?

Conflict of interest matters are different of course - given that the arrangements with serving and ex members of SAAS in SA that SBA referred to have been scrutinised several times by senior PS officials and approved, one can only draw the usual conclusion that its indeed a want-to-be competitor with a beef banging on again hoping someone will listen - sorry SBA, no-ones buying it

Offline kellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:19:09 PM »
Hello All,

Yes you absolutely right in just about every point.
I stand corrected, and do so with the thought of patients on the receiving end of ambulance personnel looking after them after they have just finished a shift with another company. True they can work two or three jobs and mow their lawns etc but when a government department indicates that a tired driver is not much different to a person who has been drinking alcohol to the point of .05 then it does concern me.
No I won't take to an ICAC equivalent in Victoria because because I don't need to as they will bring themselves undone, it just when.
8hrs work, 8hrs play, 8hrs sleep. Did I read that somewhere!
It appears there are among you that don't much care anyhow, This is a blog after all,

Regards

Kelly

sba

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »

no beef, not in competition with anyone

im just posing questions that any reasonable person in our industry/profession is concerned about

perhaps the best way to summarise  is your signature comment

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:37:03 PM by sba »

Offline kellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 08:39:16 AM »
Hello all,
Fair enough to all respondents and to the readers who may or may not agree let us read your comment. Just a couple of lines starts the ball rolling.

Regards

Kelly

misterteddy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »
No I won't take to an ICAC equivalent in Victoria because because I don't need to as they will bring themselves undone, it just when.

so the old I'm all right, I'll just wait till something bad happens to someone else then I'll be seen to be right.....

Put up....or shut up