Author Topic: Vehicle Livery - St John Ambulance SA  (Read 18057 times)

Offline straps

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Vehicle Livery - St John Ambulance SA
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
The attached photos are of a current trial livery. Consultation is being had at present.

Thought I would share for interest seeing as th site has been quiet for a while..

Cheers
Shane

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Livery - St John Ambulance SA
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:34 PM »
I like it.
Clearly different from SAAS while also being recognised as a emergency vehicle
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline kellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 01:28:57 PM »
They may wish they hadn't bought FIAT (Fix It Again Tony) vehicles.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 03:29:43 PM »
I seen one of the johnnies vehicles down this way recently with the new livery on it and this is definately a positive as it allows them to stand out and be seen as an emergency vehicle whilst also at the same time not being mistaken as an attachment to SA Ambulance because of their former colours being white and green stripes

Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline kellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 08:20:04 PM »
Please inform of what emergencies St Johns will attending in SA.
Kellyp

Offline straps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »
Kelly,
Am not certain as to what you are trolling for in this scenario...

At the present moment, St. John marked fleet are registered as ambulances, St John has transport capabilities and operates in day, low visibility and night time conditions.. For these reasons alone, there is a desire to ensure that both the iconic St John branding be shown in a contemporary, modern way as well as ensure that general operational and emergency visibility is maintained. Visibility is enhanced through the use of reflective material and emergency lighting (red / blue), as well as general purpose, work area lighting.

Cheers
Shane

Offline kellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 06:44:28 AM »
And the question was...

Please inform of what emergencies St Johns will be attending in SA.

Kellyp

PS. The intelligent discussion of use of reflective materials in this modern age. Who would have thought!

Offline Benji

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »
St John is a part of the Ambulance & First Aid Functional Service as listed in our State Emergency Management Plan. This means they can be called to any emergency in the state to provide first aid services and general support to SAAS.

As for some examples things such as providing a surge capacity during large incidents, supporting fire operations through med stations at staging areas and relief centres, transporting casualties, providing the initial response at a number of large events and the list goes on Im sure.

There is some information at https://www.stjohnsa.com.au/how-we-help/state-emergency-response and of course in the SEMP.
Ben(B2)
Crossdressing SES & CFS member

Offline straps

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
St John has utilised reflective markings for the last 30 - 40 years. The present day St John marked fleet has a similar amount of 'reflectivity' as most CFS / MFS / SES primary appliances. I would imagine that the current livery review will consider whether additional reflective material use will form part of any new livery designs.

As for the emergencies that St John responds to / attends, well let me see, the list is endless...!!!!

There is everything within an event scope, from cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, traumatic injury, medical illness, alcohol / drug affected patrons, I could go on and on..

St John also supports a wide range of emergency response at large, complex incidents such as fire, flood, storm events etc. It provides a range of services such as responder welfare management and provision of Health Services. St John also provides support to relief centres ensuring that a level of Health Service is provided to displaced persons affected by emergencies.

St John has several signed MoU's with SAAS regarding service delivery in emergencies.

I trust that the above clarifies the "emergencies" that St John has, does and will be attending.???

Offline kellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »
Thank You Straps for the enlightenment.

So you are actually suggesting that St Johns is part of SA Displan.

St Johns would not actually be operating under standard every day Code 1 emergency calls, just First Aid at parties, footy and other attractions with their new colours much like their cometitors except the grandfather clause maintains their rights to the title Ambulance Service and the use of warning facilities on their vehicleswith same 1st Aiders.

Pretty new colors an ambulance service doth not make.

Straps you do sound like a member of the St Johns Brigade, if you are declare yourself and show your true colors.
While I am not a member any more I do support the Johno's endeavours.

Is this trolling "Please Explain".

Kellyp 

misterteddy

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:33 AM »
"... trolling..."

Kellyp 

if you guys keep feeding it it will keep coming back

Offline kellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »
I luvs youze all...

Don't be alarmed if things appear to getting hard to understand and a little above your staion. Embrace, and allow the flow! :-D

Kellyp

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
The attached photos are of a current trial livery. Consultation is being had at present.

Thought I would share for interest seeing as th site has been quiet for a while..

Cheers
Shane

Thanks for sharing!

Which colours are the reflective ones?  It looks to me like everything could be reflective?

I wouldn't mind seeing some photos of the inside too.  Are they set up like a SAAS ambulance?

Offline CopULater

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 09:42:54 PM »
It looks OK, but very corporate like instead of what you would expect of an emergency vehicle.

While St. Johns does very little driving under emergency response conditions, they can as part of their counter disaster requirements. I wonder if this livery marking is asking for the vehicle to be involved in an accident? I did prefer the original livery applied to this vehicle.

St Johns main competition in SA (First Care) livery looks smart but doesn't look like SAAS.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:46:39 PM by CopULater »

Offline CopULater

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 10:07:11 AM »
heres a pic of a Victoria St Johns vehicle. Looks like an emergency vehicle while advertising all services St Johns offers (so a little bit of a corporate touch). Why doesn't St John have a national vehicle livery design like they do in the UK?

Offline kellyp

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 10:09:17 AM »
heres a pic of a Victoria St Johns vehicle. Looks like an emergency vehicle while advertising all services St Johns offers (so a little bit of a corporate touch). Why doesn't St John have a national vehicle livery design like they do in the UK?

Just perhaps they cannot make there minds up!

Kelly

anything