Author Topic: Wajax couplings on 25mm lay flat  (Read 6445 times)

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
Wajax couplings on 25mm lay flat
« on: January 01, 2005, 09:25:19 PM »

We attempted to use the brand spanking new 25mm lay flat on the end of the 60m reel from the new 24P yesterday to get down a cliff at a boat fire.
Sadly the wajax coupling came straight of the end of the line - and it doesn't look like something we can repair. Shame we couldn't use the 25mm lay flat on our other appliance fitted with storz couplings. The storz is banded to the line and easy to repair if necessary (not that we've had to over the 8 years we've been using it). How do other uses find storz vs wajax?  :?:  :?:  :?:
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

rescue5271

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 05:46:52 AM »
We also have a new 34,we have had wajax fitting's for sometime and they are great easy to use fool- prove and only need a little hand turn to secure. We where some what not happy to find that wajax fittings had only been fitted to one end of both reels and so we had to buy two more set so as to fix the problem. Wajax are a good coupling for 25 or 38 mm hose fast and easy to connect.

Storz,coupling's have been around for along time here and in the USA the CFA is now fitting all its urban pumpers with storz on all 64mm hose and from what I hear are having good reports from there member's. I would hope in time that all fire services would go to wajax and storz fittings that way we can all work as one team any where in Aust.                    

:idea:  :idea: Remember,after use of both these fitting's one needs to check the "0" ring or seal is free of dirty never over tighten them as this will make it harder to get undone,alwasy lube with WD40 or some other type of spray lube, due to the poor water in sth aust.

blinky bill
naracoorte cfs
MY VIEW ONLY

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 09:08:18 AM »
I saw after I posted this message there's an area for equipment discusssion and I probably should have posted this there  :oops: The storz we have used for years on our 25mm line are great and banded to the line in the usual manner. I think the couplings would work well on the bigger lines. The wajax seem like a fine quick release coupling but it's a bit of a worry when the coupling (attached to the metal band that pushes into the hose) blows out when charged properly for the first time  :shock: I hadn't  noticed what fitting is on the other end of the reel because we always add the extra line at the nozzle end. One of the major joys with the new 24P is the 60m hose reel  :D
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 03:43:18 PM »
Moved this topic from general to equipment :lol: