Author Topic: Websites for individual CFS brigades  (Read 13800 times)

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Websites for individual CFS brigades
« on: November 23, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »
Hi all,
I'm a professional web designer having worked for Adelaide Web Designers and I'd like to offer to any CFS brigade that doesn't have a website or would like a revamp to get in touch.
I've noticed that quite a few CFS brigades have their own websites but there are many more that are not on the internet yet.
We're offering our services at greatly reduced rates which is pretty unique.
$11/mth for unlimited web/email hosting on secure, fast and reliable Aussie based servers with free extras
If you'd like a  FREE website designed for your brigade, just get in contact and I'll see what we can do.
Please just PM and I'll see what I can do. Note - this is no scam and a genuine offer.
Thanks!
Caleb
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:48:19 AM by cfs_fan34 »

Offline Ashes

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au
Re: Websites for individual CFS brigades
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 02:48:28 PM »
Hi Caleb,

This is a very kind offer and I am sure will be well appreciated.  I know of two brigades interested if you can message me off list for more info. Ashes

flyonthewall

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »
This is what I find interesting and slightly alarming............
Some (most) brigades have their own website yet the CFS is supposed to be a single service but brigades seem to operate in an individual manner.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »
I know I enquired via official channels about 10 years ago to get a subdomain off the cfs.org.au (that's what it was before the sa.gov one) for my brigade but the answer came back no there's no facility for that.  So we registered and set up our own and have had our own website/email etc ever since.   It's like everything in the CFS, if they can't or won't provide things volunteers will organise it themselves, and that's usually the way things advance too.

flyonthewall

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »
I know I enquired via official channels about 10 years ago to get a subdomain off the cfs.org.au (that's what it was before the sa.gov one) for my brigade but the answer came back no there's no facility for that.  So we registered and set up our own and have had our own website/email etc ever since.   It's like everything in the CFS, if they can't or won't provide things volunteers will organise it themselves, and that's usually the way things advance too.

Exactly my point. Why does each brigade need to have its own website?

Off topic but.........exactly the reason why Burnside has an urban pump yet all other urban fringe brigades don't  :?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:19:14 PM by flyonthewall »

Offline J_Buss

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • SilverSounds Australia
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 12:40:13 AM »
Hi all,
I'm a professional web designer having worked for Adelaide Web Designers and I'd like to offer to any CFS brigade that doesn't have a website or would like a revamp to get in touch.
I've noticed that quite a few CFS brigades have their own websites but there are many more that are not on the internet yet.
Everything will be for FREE as a way of thanks to the CFS.
This includes website design and hosting, so this offer is up for unlimited grabs!
Please just PM and I'll see what I can do. Note - this is no scam and a genuine offer.
Thanks!
Caleb

I'm designing my own but need hosting.
J_Buss

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 08:51:09 AM »
I know I enquired via official channels about 10 years ago to get a subdomain off the cfs.org.au (that's what it was before the sa.gov one) for my brigade but the answer came back no there's no facility for that.  So we registered and set up our own and have had our own website/email etc ever since.   It's like everything in the CFS, if they can't or won't provide things volunteers will organise it themselves, and that's usually the way things advance too.

For one thing, it actually can be done - they probably don't know how to do that. All you need to do is setup a subdomain on the server which is very simple - eg. burnside.cfs.sa.gov.au

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »

For one thing, it actually can be done - they probably don't know how to do that. All you need to do is setup a subdomain on the server which is very simple - eg. burnside.cfs.sa.gov.au

Restrictions exist on the use of the sa.gov.au domain name.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 10:45:20 AM »
Hi all,
Everything will be for FREE as a way of thanks to the CFS.
This includes website design and hosting, so this offer is up for unlimited grabs!
Thanks!
Caleb

I'm designing my own but need hosting.

For web hosting, I am administering another volunteer group website. We have free hosting from http://www.serversaustralia.com.au/personal-web-hosting.php and very impressed.
Includes email group redirections, Joomla website editing and secure logins for members.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

anything