Author Topic: Firefighting Jobs  (Read 10928 times)

Offline FF GAZZ

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Firefighting Jobs
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »
Hi everyone,

For those that are interested if you search fire fighter into seek.com.au their a couple of firefighting jobs going at the moment.

Offline FF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Firefighting Jobs
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:02:46 PM »
Hey mate, I can't find these, are they in SA?

Offline FF GAZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 09:16:30 PM »
Search fire fighting without a location. No they currently after structure firefighters to work out of Oakey for Falek at the military base and Corporate Potection Australia and looking for crew members and a team leader to work out on the Surat Basin in Queensland on gas platforms. I know a few paid firefighters and they recommend once you can get a job in the firefighting industry it's fairly easy to get into where you want to go as you have that proven experience.

flyonthewall

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:25:11 PM »
I don't know about how other fire services look at it but in the SAMFS, you need structure fire experience and regardless of what you know, you still need to pass the testing....... no back door entry. Even transfering between Australian Metro fire services is difficult, and in most cases not possible.

Offline FF GAZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »
Like everything in life nothing is guaranteed but previous experience certainly helps.

Offline FF GAZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 12:29:14 PM »
From today seek now have advertised positions for Aviation Rescue Fire Fighters for Airservices Australia including Adelaide  :-D as well as firefighters for transfield services in Perth.