Author Topic: FFRS V's MYCFS CREW  (Read 21673 times)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
FFRS V's MYCFS CREW
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:55:16 AM »
Hi all just wondering if anybody is using either the FFRS or MYCFS crew availability programs? What's the pros or cons of either?? Cheers :)

Offline FF GAZZ

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: FFRS V's MYCFS CREW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »
My brigade are looking for a response system at the moment as well, does MYCFSCREW  have a responding app too like FFRS?

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »
I was wondering with the MYCFSCREW app does the whole brigade need to be signed up to it or can individual members register for it
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:48:58 AM »
The biggest difference I can see is mycfscrew doesn't have the indial numbes that FFRS does for people to set their status, instead it requires a computer/smartphone and internet to do it.

Offline DaveP

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:17:46 AM »
My brigade are trailing VACS  vacs.net.au from WiPath this season. VACS does have dial in numbers which suit a) non smartphone users and b) rapid update e.g. Responding.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »
My Brigade uses FFRS and has been for a little over 8 months now. I know very little about MyCFSCrew, only what I have seen on a youtube video, so can't really comment.

Obvious difference is cost. MyCFSCrew is free, however FFRS has an annual "subscription" fee which is dependent on how many calls your brigade does. Although it costs, we are happy with FFRS and will be sticking with it.

If you want to know more about FFRS, look here...
Overview

and here...
http://www.lanekcommunications.com.au/

I know of a few Brigades that were using VACS for a while have scrapped it and are using either FFRS or MyCFSCrew.

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 02:00:32 PM »
My Brigade has been trialling FFRS for a couple of months now and at last nights meeting decided to go with. It suits us and doesn't cost that much for our Brigade. There is local support and the developers are always improving, updating and taking suggestions to add modify the programme. It is also updated on a fortnightly basis with new stuff added or modified. It does so much which is very useful.

pumprescue

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »
We also use FFRS, be lost without it now, VACS didn't have good back up and failed a lot. MYCFSCREW, whilst being free, didn't offer the same features as FFRS and isn't a company per say, just a donation based program. Not saying that its bad, just not what we wanted and the cost was no more than a cheap phone plan. FFRS has very very good backup support from its local distributor and the tech support is 24/7 and like Adam said, they take a lot of suggestions on board and add them to the program. Its invaluable now for crewing, took a couple months to get people using it all the time, but now we have full take up of it.

Really though the choice is yours.

Offline J_Buss

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • SilverSounds Australia
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 08:49:30 AM »
Our brigade are using MYCFS it has an individual link for when your responding. Our group saved it our homescreen, one click to respond though we have no screen in the station yet. Group officers can look at who is avalible accross all the CFS brigades in the group.
J_Buss

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »
Several SES Units in SA are using the mysescrew.com version.
Different login for different organisations/states. Over 2000 users.
Very impressed with the website, no app needed to be installed.
Easy to indicate your availability for part or whole days.
Quick to indicate you are responding with a push of a button on the smartphone.
Can track vehicle response & events (eg training) attendance.
Enhancements being added from the developer who is a volunteer with RFS.
I believe CFS Mawson Group are using the application.
Personally, not impressed with a interaction I had from support/sales of the FFRS product.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

pumprescue

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »
Really, I have been nothing but impressed by the FFRS boys, can't do enough for you, development has been awesome. Not very expensive at all if you take a whole year into account and what features it has, cheaper than a phone contract.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »
Really, I have been nothing but impressed by the FFRS boys, can't do enough for you, development has been awesome. Not very expensive at all if you take a whole year into account and what features it has, cheaper than a phone contract.

Couldn't agree more. Have dealt with both the local boys as well as Swissphone and both have been very responsive and supportive.