General Discussion > SA Firefighter General

ARFF

<< < (2/10) > >>

FF GAZZ:
Justme the phone interview is really casual, I applied for Perth late last year but had to withdraw from selection, they ask roughly a dozen questions like have you worked in a team and what examples can you provide, have you had to follow orders and have you had to question those orders.

Their is a face to face interview later in the process when you do a medical.

pieces:
Great! I've got plenty examples of that from previous jobs so that should be fine.

Another question, assuming I make it all the way through, is there any accommodation provided or do we have to fend for ourselves?

JLS:
Yeah mate all is sorted out. Look under the frequently asked questions bit and it has it there.

pieces:
I've had a read through it a few times and haven't found anything that explicitly says where you stay, all I found was this.

"Do recruits work on weekends?

Yes, you may be required to work nights and weekends as required while attending the 11 week recruit course and whilst completing 24 hours, 7 day shift work at the fire station."

Is that implying that you are staying on station the whole time?

Or am I looking in the wrong spot? If I am can you please send me a link.

pieces:
I understand that everyone wants to go for the SAMFS so for 18 positions there's roughly between 1100 - 2500 applicants? Something ridiculous anyway.

Just curious if anyone knows how many people go for the ARFF?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version