Author Topic: Rural 44 appliance  (Read 10483 times)

Offline cfs3s

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Rural 44 appliance
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:48:01 AM »
I recently looked at and even had a play with the new 44 rural appliance. I liked it over all, but there are some changes needed in my view. First get rid of the dead reel and put a 90 metre live reel, seriously its just as easy to bowl out hose than drag it off a reel. Second it gets the wobbles on the highway because its very top heavy, they need to look at maybe sinking the tank into the chassis in the future or baffle balls ect. It is the same chassis as current 34's but it is bigger overall and i know that access might be a problem in some areas. Remote moniter is very good, easy to operate(could easily and safely hit a running grassy with two crew)and would be better if you could adjust flow rate and in cab pump controls would be great. I was also suprised at the amount of storage which looks to be no less than the old 24 special (minus the coffin box). Crew deck is desighned well also, with a moniter as well as two lines and a work deck each side (very versitile). I think it will bee good for areas where crewing is a problem and water points are far between. Have you seen it? what did you think? should they make more? I think so. cheers. :-D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:21:46 AM by cfs3s »

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Rural 44 appliance
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
Have you given feedback to HQ ?

The 44 you mention is the prototype - feedback was encouraged, to make the next build a better one...

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

pumprescue

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:26:34 AM »
Yep give the feedback to tech services, they are planning to build more, I think its the way to go in rural areas, lack of crew is an issue these days so more water and remote monitors for sure, also agree flow rate needs to be controlled from the cab.

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »
Glendambo should be next on the list  :wink:

Offline Shiner

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:47:35 AM »
Came up at last nights R3 RVMC about the on-road performance. The update is that following some work on the suspension (the quote was it had the 'springs reset'), that the on road performance is much improved and those that have driven it are much happier with it now.

Good job as the list I saw showed 12-15 more of them about to be built.
Jason
Swanport Group DGO - Region 3
Jervois CFS Brigade - "Home of the Original Hooker!"