Author Topic: Eden 24P  (Read 15414 times)

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Eden 24P
« on: March 27, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
Does anybody know if Eden Hills is going to get a new appliance to replace the 24P?? Its seems as though it hasn't been rolled out for a while. 21 yrs old already - looks pretty outdated with no burnover protection etc!
Would they get a 34 or a 34P? :wink:

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Eden 24P
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
I reckon their 24P has internal blinds fitted, so it has some burn over protection... just like lots of other appliances around the place.

And as for it's age, I'm sure it'd be on the list for a replacement... just like lots of other appliances around the same age.

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 04:05:07 PM »
I reckon their 24P has internal blinds fitted, so it has some burn over protection... just like lots of other appliances around the place.

And as for it's age, I'm sure it'd be on the list for a replacement... just like lots of other appliances around the same age.

Pip
We all know that cabin curtains are not good enough - an "halo" system/ in-cab CABA would be ideal. Bradbury CFS were pretty clever with their old Hino 24. Seems like brigades with lower callouts get all the new appliances whilst high risk brigades are left with ancient resources  :-D

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 04:06:35 PM »
BTW, does anybody know how many new appliances will be rolled out this year on the replacement program?
Is it 23 34's, severals BWCs, rescues and a couple of pumps?

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »

Pip
We all know that cabin curtains are not good enough - an "halo" system/ in-cab CABA would be ideal. Bradbury CFS were pretty clever with their old Hino 24. Seems like brigades with lower callouts get all the new appliances whilst high risk brigades are left with ancient resources  :-D

If your brigade hasn't been notified of appliance replacement I dare say It won't be this year....at least it's a dual cab still plenty of single cab appliances out and about of older age...it's all on a program when ya number comes up ya truck gets replaced.

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 08:32:10 PM »
Doesn't have defence lines and the back is exposed - which is a major problem I suspect for the crew on the back during a burnover - gotta run to the cab I guess :)

Unless you call the one sideline chucked on the back behind the tank a "defence line"   :-D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:35:42 PM by cfs_fan34 »

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
Is this one of the appliances Sturt Group designed and built???

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 03:12:56 PM »
Yep

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 03:51:40 PM »
Did hear a rumour they may be getting a 34P to replace it?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 06:00:50 PM »
Yep

thought so...so really cant complain re burnover protection when "they" designed and built it! however im sure it will be in the replacement program and being a 24p im sure they will be earmarked for a 34p if their SFEC warrants it..

misterteddy

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »

thought so...so really cant complain re burnover protection when "they" designed and built it! however im sure it will be in the replacement program and being a 24p im sure they will be earmarked for a 34p if their SFEC warrants it..

when "they" designed it....it easily exceeded the performance of the CFS designed "plastics" of the same era.....remember none of them had halos or in cab breathing either....Eden has the same protection as every truck has had up until 5 or 6 years ago when all the new systems started to appear....

Offline sacfs_res

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 07:37:34 PM »
Just to let you know that an FF from Eden Hills has confirmed that Eden 24P WILL be replaced this year with a 34P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:07:23 PM by sacfs_res »

pumprescue

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 09:24:37 AM »
Yep its on the replacement list like all the others.