General Discussion > Country Fire Service

Foam for the CFS

(1/1)

BundyBear:
I heard a rumour and it may only be that but I was told CFS will only now provide Class A BFFF foam now and that is to be used on Class A and Class B fires. If bridages wish to store and stow Class B AFFF foam it is at the cost to the Group or Bridage. Can someone with their finger on the pulse please clarify the situation?

FF GAZZ:
I would say just the rumour mill at work again. In Nuriootpa there is over a million litres of ethonal stored so CFS can't just stop supplying it. Some B class foam was recalled recently as it was found to have an increased cancer risk from it but I'm not aware of it not being supplied anymore.

BundyBear:

--- Quote from: FFGAZZ on June 09, 2014, 10:37:55 AM ---I would say just the rumour mill at work again. In Nuriootpa there is over a million litres of ethonal stored so CFS can't just stop supplying it. Some B class foam was recalled recently as it was found to have an increased cancer risk from it but I'm not aware of it not being supplied anymore.

--- End quote ---

Cheers but I'm sure that much ethanol stored would be a specific risk and since Ethanol is an alcohol-polar solvent it would break down AFFF and you would have to be using an AR-AFFF. Those foams are usually proportioned at 3% for hydrocarbons and 6% for polar solvents.

FF GAZZ:
Spoken with a friend who is a ROPO and I can confirm nothing is changing with B class foam. Only certain stuff should be handed in as per my comment above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version