Author Topic: 2015 Recruitment  (Read 437301 times)

Mosquito79

Re: 2015 Recruitment
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2015, 12:12:36 PM »
That makes sense. How many drill squads are they taking from this recruitment drive? I heard at worst it will be 1 and at best it could be three... anyone able to shed any light?

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2015, 12:23:22 PM »
I was told most likely 2 possibly 3

Offline FF GAZZ

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2015, 12:36:41 PM »
If they are putting retains on standard drill squads does that mean they are only going to run 8 week drill squads like they were looking into doing?

Offline FF GAZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »
Just got my keep fit email.

Offline Jimmyjohn

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2015, 03:02:26 PM »
Hi there
Long time reader- first time post
Keep fit letter yesterday too.
I wonder if the folks in the pool of potentials are actually ranked?
Or are they just all in there together?

Mosquito79

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2015, 03:28:24 PM »
You'd have to think they'd be ranked to some degree. I cant see them interviewing another 20-30 people if only 1 person doesn't progress. Maybe they are sorted by personality type and they interview them based on who drops out.

I wonder if the 70 who are being interviewed are ranked? Would love to know what the interview process is like. Must be fairly comprehensive if they want to rank 70 people. Anyone been through it before or heard anything?

Offline Pac

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
I wonder if the interview is now a pass or fail. They use to take around 150-200 to the interview, cab rank them and take squads of 18 from that when they needed them. But if someone in this 70 that they have taken now does badly in the interview are they still in front of the people in the 'keep fit pool'?

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2015, 04:22:55 PM »
Probably but I hope not. It sounds like they are trying to reduce their work load by interviewing a smaller number. Id say the drill squads will be filled from the 70 but I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Pac

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »
If it was filled from the 70 there is no point of them sending out 'keep fit' letters. Who knows...

Offline Gusto123

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2015, 05:08:01 PM »
Can someone please verify if they are one of the 70 applicants that received a interview.
I have not read a post from a successful applicant yet.

Monger

« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2015, 08:57:10 PM »
Can someone please verify if they are one of the 70 applicants that received a interview.
I have not read a post from a successful applicant yet.

No. This forum has jinxed Everyone on here

Offline Harty87

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2015, 09:14:49 AM »
Hi guys,

I have been following this forum for a while but first time posting.
I too received the 'keep fit' email.

Just wondering why if what I have been reading is to be correct why they have interviewed significantly less candidates in comparison to previous recruitment campaigns.

Monger

« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wondering why if what I have been reading is to be correct why they have interviewed significantly less candidates in comparison to previous recruitment campaigns.

Interviewing about half the normal amount. "keep fit"for next application process

Offline Harty87

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »
Hi guys,

Interviewing about half the normal amount. "keep fit"for next application process

Hi Ferret,
Thanks for the reply. Are you suggesting the reason for the reduced numbers being interviewed currently is due to the possibility of further intakes later in the year?
Cheers

Offline Juniorfirey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2015, 07:13:50 PM »
Hey guys,

Long time reader but first time poster.

A few people have been suggesting they haven't actually heard that they have sent interview letters out yet. I received mine last Friday and will be doing my interview in a couple of weeks! Very nervous but also excited for the opportunity!

I'll try and keep you guys posted!

Offline Macca82

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2015, 08:11:42 PM »
Hey guys,

Also my first time posting, long time reader.

Like Juniorfirey I received my interview letter last Friday, interview in couple of weeks.
Quietly stoked and freaking out at the same time! Don't want to mess it up now.

Hopefully this post doesn't jinx me!

Good luck Juniorfirey.

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2015, 08:56:51 PM »
Good luck guys. Great effort to make the top 70 from 1300 applicants. Keep us posted on how you go with the interview.

Offline Juniorfirey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2015, 09:09:37 PM »
Thanks guys,

I'll try and do it for the team! You guys have been a wealth of knowledge over the years. Trust me when I say, although our outcomes so far are different, I can definitely understand how you feel. Thanks again guys and good luck to everyone who is still going!

Offline FF GAZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2015, 09:40:29 PM »
Best of luck. Have you applied many times before lads?

Offline Macca82

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2015, 10:27:39 PM »
Thanks,

First time for me, been training and studying flat out for the last two years.
Don't know how well you can prepare for the interview just hope I'm not to nervous.
Should be ok, just a friendly chat that could change my life!

Mosquito79

« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2015, 08:34:25 AM »
When does the whole interview process begin? Does anyone have one coming up?

Offline straps

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2015, 09:08:39 PM »
Brother in law got a thanks but no thanks but stay fit letter.

I noticed that his letter was numbered and wondered whether this was the ranking process of the "keep fit" group or whether it's some other reference (alphabetical or otherwise)...?!?! His letter was number 14 but does have a last name starting with 'C'..

Any thoughts..???

Cheers
Shane

Offline Pac

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2015, 07:40:38 AM »
Hi Straps,

My letter was also 14, think it was a generic letter. Does anyone know how many there are in the pool? Wish they would tell us where we are ranked and the likelihood of us having an interview.

Monger

« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2015, 08:17:15 AM »
Hi Straps,

My letter was also 14, think it was a generic letter. Does anyone know how many there are in the pool? Wish they would tell us where we are ranked and the likelihood of us having an interview.

Ring HR and ask.

Offline TonyDanza

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2015, 08:38:17 AM »
Hi Shane,

As Pac said I am not sure that the number corresponds to his ranking I think this is more for admin purposes eg. Letter 9 = failed aptitude,  10 = failed profiling etc. The whole HR process has been pretty generic up to this point so that's my guess.

I was unsuccessful on the profiling part, with no "keep fit" part and mine says "Letter No. 10". I have a mate who got that "keep fit" one and can see what his says, I could be wrong! I hope for you Brother in Law's sake it might be a high ranking :)

---

On the topic of the psych/profiling I was wondering for the people who may have made it through to the interviews or even with "keep fit" letters, did you guys answer yes to any of the questions that might be considered "bad"?

The types of questions I'm referring to are ones like "did you ever cheat on a test in school?", "have you at least once in your life possibly driven while over the limit?", "have you ever threatened anybody?", "have you ever been in a fight?", "have you ever been fired from your job"? Those types of questions..

I'm just trying to figure out whether I didn't make the grade because of a profile they mapped out from the test or whether I might have marked "yes" for something and they excluded people based upon that.

I didn't answer yes to many of those types of questions at all, certainly nothing overly bad (eg. criminal history) but was interested to know whether the successful guys answered no to all of those or whether there were a few yes's thrown in there too?

anything