Author Topic: Recruitment 2016  (Read 76329 times)

Offline CFS_fire32

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment 2016
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2017, 11:31:18 PM »
Interview early April, pat 2 late May, medical first week June, referee checks early July, job offer mid august

Okay thanks. Sounds like there is some more interviews happening in September. Would this be the last of the successful PAT 1 candidates?

Offline Riseandshine

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2017, 11:13:38 PM »
If what your saying is true (interviewing more in sept) it appears they are preparing to run a 4th squad in the new year.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2017, 08:22:13 PM »
Anyone have any understanding of drill squad selection with respect to interview pools?

They are definitely interviewing more candidates in September (number I've heard from an unofficial source is 30). So would it be that the 18 person 4th squad is selected only from this pool of 30 interviewees? Or would they have people identified and left over from the last interview pool(s) that will fill a number of positions in the 4th squad?

I also heard that after the 4th squad in early 2018, that will be the end of this intake and the whole process will start all over again... surely this can't be the case?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:55:11 AM by CFS_fire32 »

Offline Ferret

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2017, 09:00:39 PM »
Anyone have any understanding of drill squad selection with respect to interview pools?

They are definitely interviewing more candidates in September (number I've heard from an unofficial source is 30). So would it be that the 18 person 4th squad is selected only from this pool of 30 interviewees? Or would they have people identified and left over from the last interview pool(s) that will fill a number of positions in the 4th squad?

I also heard that after the 4th squad in early 2017, that will be the end of this intake and the whole process will start all over again... surely this can't be the case?

My understanding is that they have all the people who have been interviewed and passed interview but not selected in a recruit squad ranked. And as they interview more they slip in to The rankings depending on their interview score.
This is just a rumour on how it works. I could be totally wrong but just what I heard. Not mfs official info.
I

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
Anybody have any idea how many more squads will be run from the current recruitment process? The third squad starts this month and they are also interviewing more candidates later this month so must be running at least one more squad early 2018...

Offline Ferret

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 02, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »
Anybody have any idea how many more squads will be run from the current recruitment process? The third squad starts this month and they are also interviewing more candidates later this month so must be running at least one more squad early 2018...

Are you sure they aren't retained firies being interviewed? They have never run more than 4 before. Heard a rumour they may open applications in around 2 months time, just a rumour

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 02, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »

Are you sure they aren't retained firies being interviewed? They have never run more than 4 before. Heard a rumour they may open applications in around 2 months time, just a rumour

Yes, 100% certain they are not retained interviews. I know a couple of people that have been called up for interviewing late this month and they are part of the full time recruitment.

Offline abcdefgh

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 05, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »
Has anyone who was unsuccessful in the interview received feedback as to why they weren't successful? I received and responded to the email around January requesting to be informed 'later in the year' but yet to hear anything myself.

Offline beater

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 06, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
Has anyone who was unsuccessful in the interview received feedback as to why they weren't successful? I received and responded to the email around January requesting to be informed 'later in the year' but yet to hear anything myself.

Do you really expect anything else from the current HR department??? The last couple recruitment drives have been a comedy show

Offline pieces

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 18, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »
Has anyone still in the current 'interview pool' not heard anything?

Offline Ferret

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 19, 2017, 07:38:52 AM »
Contact HR and ask them where you stand.

Offline pieces

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 19, 2017, 01:30:55 PM »
I've called multiple people and left multiple messages. Apparently the two head HR people are on leave at the moment. Making it very difficult to find anything out unfortunately.

Offline pieces

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 20, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »
I've called multiple people and left multiple messages. Apparently the two head HR people are on leave at the moment. Making it very difficult to find anything out unfortunately.

I got in touch with someone, basically there is still a small number of people in the interview pool that haven't yet got an interview or been rejected, and they couldn't say what they have planned.