Author Topic: Recruitment 2016  (Read 188485 times)

Offline CFS_fire32

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment 2016
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2017, 11:31:18 PM »
Interview early April, pat 2 late May, medical first week June, referee checks early July, job offer mid august

Okay thanks. Sounds like there is some more interviews happening in September. Would this be the last of the successful PAT 1 candidates?

Offline Riseandshine

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2017, 11:13:38 PM »
If what your saying is true (interviewing more in sept) it appears they are preparing to run a 4th squad in the new year.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2017, 08:22:13 PM »
Anyone have any understanding of drill squad selection with respect to interview pools?

They are definitely interviewing more candidates in September (number I've heard from an unofficial source is 30). So would it be that the 18 person 4th squad is selected only from this pool of 30 interviewees? Or would they have people identified and left over from the last interview pool(s) that will fill a number of positions in the 4th squad?

I also heard that after the 4th squad in early 2018, that will be the end of this intake and the whole process will start all over again... surely this can't be the case?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:55:11 AM by CFS_fire32 »

Monger

« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2017, 09:00:39 PM »
Anyone have any understanding of drill squad selection with respect to interview pools?

They are definitely interviewing more candidates in September (number I've heard from an unofficial source is 30). So would it be that the 18 person 4th squad is selected only from this pool of 30 interviewees? Or would they have people identified and left over from the last interview pool(s) that will fill a number of positions in the 4th squad?

I also heard that after the 4th squad in early 2017, that will be the end of this intake and the whole process will start all over again... surely this can't be the case?

My understanding is that they have all the people who have been interviewed and passed interview but not selected in a recruit squad ranked. And as they interview more they slip in to The rankings depending on their interview score.
This is just a rumour on how it works. I could be totally wrong but just what I heard. Not mfs official info.
I

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
Anybody have any idea how many more squads will be run from the current recruitment process? The third squad starts this month and they are also interviewing more candidates later this month so must be running at least one more squad early 2018...

Monger

« Reply #380 on: September 02, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »
Anybody have any idea how many more squads will be run from the current recruitment process? The third squad starts this month and they are also interviewing more candidates later this month so must be running at least one more squad early 2018...

Are you sure they aren't retained firies being interviewed? They have never run more than 4 before. Heard a rumour they may open applications in around 2 months time, just a rumour

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 02, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »

Are you sure they aren't retained firies being interviewed? They have never run more than 4 before. Heard a rumour they may open applications in around 2 months time, just a rumour

Yes, 100% certain they are not retained interviews. I know a couple of people that have been called up for interviewing late this month and they are part of the full time recruitment.

Offline abcdefgh

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 05, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »
Has anyone who was unsuccessful in the interview received feedback as to why they weren't successful? I received and responded to the email around January requesting to be informed 'later in the year' but yet to hear anything myself.

beater

« Reply #383 on: September 06, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
Has anyone who was unsuccessful in the interview received feedback as to why they weren't successful? I received and responded to the email around January requesting to be informed 'later in the year' but yet to hear anything myself.

Do you really expect anything else from the current HR department??? The last couple recruitment drives have been a comedy show

Offline pieces

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 18, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »
Has anyone still in the current 'interview pool' not heard anything?

Monger

« Reply #385 on: September 19, 2017, 07:38:52 AM »
Contact HR and ask them where you stand.

Offline pieces

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 19, 2017, 01:30:55 PM »
I've called multiple people and left multiple messages. Apparently the two head HR people are on leave at the moment. Making it very difficult to find anything out unfortunately.

Offline pieces

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 20, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »
I've called multiple people and left multiple messages. Apparently the two head HR people are on leave at the moment. Making it very difficult to find anything out unfortunately.

I got in touch with someone, basically there is still a small number of people in the interview pool that haven't yet got an interview or been rejected, and they couldn't say what they have planned.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2017, 11:29:23 PM »
Have heard second hand from a couple of CFS staff members recently that MFS plan to run several drill squads next year due to a lot of FF reaching retirement age in very near future.

Mustn't be too many left in the interview pool, particularly with more interviews happening next week?

Monger

« Reply #389 on: September 23, 2017, 12:43:20 PM »
I doubt they would take more than 4 squads from one recruitment campaign(never done before) so I would guess they may open applications again sooner rather than later.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2017, 08:55:40 PM »
Any updates? Anyone know when exactly the 4th squad is scheduled to start?

How many candidates typically get invited to PAT 2?

Monger

« Reply #391 on: October 10, 2017, 05:45:14 AM »
Any updates? Anyone know when exactly the 4th squad is scheduled to start?

How many candidates typically get invited to PAT 2?

Rumour is January. I think they usually only invite 1 or 2 “extras” for the pat2.
I have seen a couple of PT companies or offering training tips etc and are hinting that new applications will open very soon.

Offline WannaBFirey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 26, 2017, 01:05:45 PM »
Hi guys, received an invite to contest for PAT1 sometime in December. ?!?  I’m aware on another guy who also received. Am a little surprised as was advised after Pysch test that I was suitable, but others had been listed as more suitable (in not so many words)

I know there’s a squad in Jan, rumour 2nd squad for May which I guess I’m contesting for?

Just wondered if anyone else had any pertinent info?

Godsmacked, but more than happy to have a crack.

Monger

« Reply #393 on: October 26, 2017, 01:16:53 PM »
Hi guys, received an invite to contest for PAT1 sometime in December. ?!?  I’m aware on another guy who also received. Am a little surprised as was advised after Pysch test that I was suitable, but others had been listed as more suitable (in not so many words)

I know there’s a squad in Jan, rumour 2nd squad for May which I guess I’m contesting for?

Just wondered if anyone else had any pertinent info?

Godsmacked, but more than happy to have a crack.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:52:34 PM by Ferret »

Offline Velvet

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 27, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »
Have you heard anything further Ferret? I received an email in early October advising that all interviews had now been completed and I would be receiving my interview feedback very soon.

Seems this may have changed now and further interviews to come and new application process not happening in November/December?

Monger

« Reply #395 on: October 28, 2017, 09:18:54 PM »
Don’t hear much these days with change of HR staff. It appears they may be taking a fifth squad from last applications? Prob cost saving, big numbers of recruits needed over next few years. I’d guess they won’t need to open applications again this year but who knows?
And good luck getting any meaningful interview feedback

Monger

« Reply #396 on: October 29, 2017, 12:01:37 PM »
Have heard a few may have failed pat2 for
January course so the latest beep test invites may be to replace them.

Offline WannaBFirey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2017, 12:05:46 PM »
Cheers Ferret! Time will tell  :-D

Offline pieces

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2017, 12:29:02 PM »
Have heard a few may have failed pat2 for
January course so the latest beep test invites may be to replace them.

There are still a few people in the interview pool though. And if they have the beep test in December for a course starting in Jan, that surely isn't enough time.

Haven't heard any rumours of what's to happen with the rest of the interview pool have you?

Monger

« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2017, 12:44:03 PM »
Just because you have been interviewed doesn’t mean you are in a pool. They have been deeming people unsuitable from interview stage and basically failing them.

anything