Technical Discussion > ALL Rescue

rcr gear serviced

(1/4) > >>

rescue5271:
tell me does cfs have a programe where RCR gear should be sent away for service??? if so who and how is it done?? do we get a spare set of gear while we send ours away???

strikeathird:
Mate, I have heard of a 20 year old set which has been serviced ONCE in that whole time... And if vollies make a fuss, they believe they may risk loosing it....

To your Q tho, I would say the onus is probably on the brigade.  At the end of the day you know how much it is used, how regularly, to what extent, what conditions it is exposed to... etc etc...   I would say for a set which is used regularly annual maintenance / servicing wouldn't be a bad idead...  For the tools any way..  The pumps, with weekly brigade checks should be able to last a little longer.

Just remember, the better the gear is maintained, the easier and "safer" it is to use at a job.

Firefrog:
It depends on your gear and who your service people will be but they may offer you a loan set while yours is in being looked at. Often loan gear won't be as good as your own, might even be a combi tool.

Another thing to consider is advising your nearest RCR resource that they might be needed while your kit is being serviced.

medevac:
i think theyre are meant to be spare sets floating around (like one per region or soemthing) perhaps it is a good idea to speak to your region to organise a set of gear, then send yours off to whoever is the supplier for that brand in SA?

backup rescue for naracoorte would be what... lucindale? thats not too far at least, about 35 Ks???

rescue5271:
I understand that a service deal has been done to service all rcr gear in the state?? does anyone know if this is correct

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version