General Discussion > SAMFS

SAMFS Recruitment 2018

(1/100) > >>

Optimistic:
Hi Everyone,

So i know there is a thread already that has started to talk about recruitment for 2018 but I thought I might start an official 2018 one. I'll get the discussion started with a few questions and if you have any info please share it. Supporting evidence would be great as well, but not necessary as there is usually some truth in a rumour.

•Has anybody heard any news of a 2018 recruitment drive?

•When can we expect applications to open up/what time of year has recruitment usually started?

•How many people/squads did the 2017 recruitment drive produce?

•Who has been through the process and what was your experience?

And a personal question from me is:
How long between each assessment did you have to wait? (I.e. did you do your PAT1 and 2 together, separate, the day after your interview?)
I ask this because I grew up in South Australia and travelled around Aus a bit for work and now im looking to come home but i will be applying from interstate. I want to know how many times I need to travel so i can budget for it haha.

Anyway I hope this kicks of a good discussion and i wish everyone good luck with their application.

phoenix:
Hey Optimistic, welcome first of all!

Admittedly I do not check this website much at all, but logging on and seeing your post - I thought I would do my best to answer your questions. Most of these can be answered through their (SAMFS) website, and searching through the forum.

•Has anybody heard any news of a 2018 recruitment drive?
There is only scattered information about a recruitment campaign for this year. If you went to the SAMFS Open Day in November, they had a stall about recruitment. They only said 'opening soon'.

•When can we expect applications to open up/what time of year has recruitment usually started?
There isn't any real set formula... Recruitment depends on many factors. The past two drives have opened in the second half of the year.

•How many people/squads did the 2017 recruitment drive produce?
Firstly, there was no recruitment held in 2017, all squads that went through were from the campaign that opened in September 2016.
Each squad is 18 people, the fourth squad from the Sept '16 campaign is commencing 22/1/18 (according to the other forum board). Speculation going around that a fifth squad will be selected to proceed.

•Who has been through the process and what was your experience?
Stacks of people here have been through, each getting to different stages. As it says on the website, it's quite competitive.

And a personal question from me is:
How long between each assessment did you have to wait? (I.e. did you do your PAT1 and 2 together, separate, the day after your interview?)

This is a factor that can't really be calculated, sorry. Jump on the website and you can read the process in greater detail. The PAT1 and 2 are not run on the same day. In short the process is: online app> psych/aptitude test > pat1 > interview > pat2 >criminal history check > medical. So you may have to budget for up to 5 trips, should you make it through.  :-)

Advice is to get to know the process well, what is expected, and prepare.

Cheers.

beater:
I am in current recruit squad. Big rumour that the Mfs will be taking a 6th squad from this application process

tempcitz:
Is the rumour a 6th squad from the 2016 intake, or 6 squads from the 2018 intake?

Jack23:

--- Quote from: beater on January 31, 2018, 04:42:24 AM ---I am in current recruit squad. Big rumour that the Mfs will be taking a 6th squad from this application process

--- End quote ---
So you got in even after

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version