Author Topic: SAMFS Recruitment 2018  (Read 176224 times)

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: SAMFS Recruitment 2018
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2018, 07:31:09 AM »
oh wow really? didnt know they send out those emails, do you mind me asking how different did you adjust your answers?. well done on getting through mate

Offline sj000

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2018, 07:48:54 AM »
Honestly I couldn’t remember how I answered all those years ago but was confused because I thought I did really well and answered honestly, I feel this time round I answered similarly, so can’t really pinpoint what’s changed

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2018, 07:54:30 AM »
ahk , cause i remember my first one i did quite a few neither agree or disagree then alot of people would say not to do those responses so now i either agreed or disagreed with everything and cant get it right.

Offline Optimistic

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2018, 09:40:29 AM »
(Removed my rant, its not being constructive)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:10:37 AM by Optimistic »

Offline Left foot snap

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2018, 09:49:50 AM »
It’s pretty clearly explained both at the seminars and before you sit the test not to try and overthink your responses or pick the answers you think the MFS are looking for. If you answer it honestly and your results have you sitting within the personality profile the MFS are looking for, you progress.

It is by no means the perfect test, but it is the most effective way of getting a snapshot of the personality types of 2500 applicants, to allow them to PAT 1 and interview a manageable number which doesn’t drain limited MFS resources for months on end.

Just because you spent time in the defence force, doesn’t guarantee you a fast track through the process. Hundreds of choccos apply each intake, and they are well represented in each squad. I get your frustrated but almost  every person who applies can make a claim on why they would be a good candidate based on their skill set and experiences.

Not getting through at this point, doesn’t meant your not suitable for the role, it just means that there were people who were more suitable at this stage in the recruitment process.

The MFS have been pretty clear that they want to diversify their workforce to reflect the community. However, they don’t want to compromise the standards required for entry like other emergency services have. It’s about getting more people with diverse backgrounds to apply, not giving them a free pass.

Offline FireyV

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »
Just received an email informing me I have not progressed at this stage. But strongly recommended to stay fit if called upon at a later date. Devo

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2018, 10:06:55 AM »
It’s pretty clearly explained both at the seminars and before you sit the test not to try and overthink your responses or pick the answers you think the MFS are looking for. If you answer it honestly and your results have you sitting within the personality profile the MFS are looking for, you progress.

It is by no means the perfect test, but it is the most effective way of getting a snapshot of the personality types of 2500 applicants, to allow them to PAT 1 and interview a manageable number which doesn’t drain limited MFS resources for months on end.

Just because you spent time in the defence force, doesn’t guarantee you a fast track through the process. Hundreds of choccos apply each intake, and they are well represented in each squad. I get your frustrated but almost  every person who applies can make a claim on why they would be a good candidate based on their skill set and experiences.

Not getting through at this point, doesn’t meant your not suitable for the role, it just means that there were people who were more suitable at this stage in the recruitment process.

The MFS have been pretty clear that they want to diversify their workforce to reflect the community. However, they don’t want to compromise the standards required for entry like other emergency services have. It’s about getting more people with diverse backgrounds to apply, not giving them a free pass.

Yeah Fair enough understand that , not requesting a free pass at all just more of a look at even if the initial expression of interest you do is more in depth cause im sure they could cut applicants at that stage after answering a few background questions rather than just take everyone with $100 to put forward for testing.Anyway dont want to start anything haha might give sapol a go and try again down the track in the future. thanks for the responses guys

Offline Danglobe8

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2018, 10:14:04 AM »
Just received my 'keep fit letter' goodluck to all that are remaining. It's the best job and worth putting in the hard yards.

Offline tempcitz

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2018, 10:39:35 AM »
Is there also an unsuccessful email this time? Or is everyone on the keep fit pool?

Offline Gpats

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2018, 10:45:10 AM »
I too got the "keep fit" letter, looks like they are just keeping everyone in the pool this time. Unless anyone has received anything different?

Offline RCG

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2018, 11:11:25 AM »
People getting the "keep fit" notice, where does your surname sit alphabetically?

Offline FireyV

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2018, 11:21:03 AM »
My surname starts with 'V', however a mate that is 'E' also just received the same email.

Offline Mr Bender

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
I got the "keep fit" email. Last name begins with "P"

Offline tempcitz

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2018, 11:36:01 AM »
I'm a W, I think these all got sent the same time as well, so if people didn't get them, there must be an unsuccessful email coming as well :/

Offline Cobra1

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2018, 11:55:22 AM »
Is there a straight 'you have been unsuccessful letter' which does not mention keep your fitness up?

I received one saying "You have not been invited to progress at this time. We strongly recommend you maintain a high level of fitness"

This is my first time applying so if anyone can help me interpret this it would be awesome!

Offline theg25

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2018, 12:12:11 PM »
Yeah it would be great to know if there are two types of unsuccessful emails going out, I too got the "keep fit" email, but is that just a nice way of saying good try but it is a 'no' or is there a 'definite 'no'' email too?

Offline Mr Bender

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »
In my past experiences - there has been the "better luck next time but keep fit" email and then the straight "you have not been successful" email. Who knows for this time though  :|

Offline Gpats

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2018, 12:23:47 PM »
It sounds to me as though there's just the one letter this time around. It's not a definite no as its quite likely they will take several squads from this recruitment campaign and draw from this pool, but it looks like there are a lot of people in the same position and I certainly wouldn't expect to hear anything anytime soon.

Offline tempcitz

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2018, 12:25:04 PM »
Very disappointed that I was in the first PAT1 pool last intake, and this time I'm in the keep fit pool

Offline Gpats

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2018, 12:32:39 PM »
@tempcitz I know it would have been a while ago but do you feel as if you answered any of the questions in the profiling any differently this time around?

Offline tempcitz

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »
Not particularly.  I also sat the safecom test fir NTfire last year, and went through that as well

Offline Sammy

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2018, 12:37:11 PM »
Is there anyone who hasn't received an email as yet?

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2018, 12:44:52 PM »
Very disappointed that I was in the first PAT1 pool last intake, and this time I'm in the keep fit pool

Did U mess up interview last time?

Offline tempcitz

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »
I didn't mess it up, but I definitely could have done better

Offline sj000

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2018, 12:51:08 PM »
I didn't mess it up, but I definitely could have done better

Did they give you feedback on your interview?