Author Topic: SAMFS Recruitment 2018  (Read 176218 times)

Offline tempcitz

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: SAMFS Recruitment 2018
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2018, 12:54:36 PM »
No, they were scheduled for before this intake started, and then postponed, and haven't heard anything since

Offline 2beus

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2018, 01:07:44 PM »
I’m yet to receive any email yet. I feel ur pain tempcity, I also did the nt fire test early on this year and found the same type of questions in both these tests the same. I also advanced through to nt interviews and I didn’t get official feedback but having a few mates in that service got a general idea where I went wrong.
Would be pretty guttered to not even get a keep fit letter

Offline tempcitz

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »
I made it through the interview for NT, smashed the physical amd still didn't get a  gig, was a bit brutal

Offline countryfire10

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2018, 01:37:27 PM »
Did everyone receive this?

In the meantime, it is strongly recommended that you maintain a high level of fitness.

Offline 2beus

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2018, 01:40:44 PM »
Yeah they are, I hear the office side of the recruitment is poorly organised. Apparently there looking to recruit again this year but who knows.

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2018, 01:48:18 PM »
I’m yet to receive any email yet. I feel ur pain tempcity, I also did the nt fire test early on this year and found the same type of questions in both these tests the same. I also advanced through to nt interviews and I didn’t get official feedback but having a few mates in that service got a general idea where I went wrong.
Would be pretty guttered to not even get a keep fit letter

See you would think that you would be suitable passing one personality test. just doesnt make sense how they must mark it.

Offline Danglobe8

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2018, 01:52:47 PM »
As far as I am aware NT have either a pass or fail and all who pass move to the next round whereas SA have a pass or fail but also rank and only take the top 150 who pass

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2018, 01:54:49 PM »
ah i see , would be cool if they actually gave you your rank so you know if your on the right path and just missed out or you were 2499 out of 2500 applicants haha

Offline Zeke11

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »
Did everyone receive this?

In the meantime, it is strongly recommended that you maintain a high level of fitness.

Yes I recieved exactly the same mate

I wonder if LeftFootSnap could let us know about how they weight the testing Done Psyche v Numerical v Verbal. I felt like I did fairly well in all testing but I completely bombed the written report, barely even got started and the 5 minutes was up.
Good luck to all who made it through to PAT1, and keep your hopes up for all us who remain in the pool  :-D

Offline canine

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2018, 01:57:30 PM »
As far as I am aware NT have either a pass or fail and all who pass move to the next round whereas SA have a pass or fail but also rank and only take the top 150 who pass

But they may take more later for future squads. They took 6 squads out of last batch. Plenty will fail beep and interview so I'd say there will be another call for beep tests next year.
Keep in mind there is allso a massive push for diversity...

Offline 2beus

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2018, 02:03:38 PM »
Has anyone not received a email either way yet? Or is it
Just me haha

Offline Danglobe8

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »
Exactly Canine and if what I have heard about 300 recruits in 5 years might result in another 6 squads from this recruit drive. So as left foot snap said I guess we are still a live hope at this stage.  3 stages left can and will knock out people so never say never

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
I just got an unsuccessful email

Offline Optimistic

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »
I got a "keep fit" too. Seems to be a lot of "keep fit" letters but not as many people saying they've got through to PAT1.

For the people who got through what is your scheduled time for Friday? Just trying to gauge how many they might be testing.

I wonder if SAMFS is only testing for the first squad. Since there is 3-4 months in between intakes, a lot could change for people in that time. It would also spread out recruitment timeframes and ease the pressure on the HR department. Maybe im just being hopeful haha.

Thoughts?

Offline Zeke11

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »

Unsuccessful keep fit?
Or just unsuccessfull? If just unsuccessful sorry to hear

Offline Optimistic

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2018, 02:21:20 PM »

Unsuccessful keep fit?

Yea mate, sorry too.

Offline Left foot snap

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2018, 02:24:24 PM »
I got a "keep fit" too. Seems to be a lot of "keep fit" letters but not as many people saying they've got through to PAT1.

For the people who got through what is your scheduled time for Friday? Just trying to gauge how many they might be testing.

I wonder if SAMFS is only testing for the first squad. Since there is 3-4 months in between intakes, a lot could change for people in that time. It would also spread out recruitment timeframes and ease the pressure on the HR department. Maybe im just being hopeful haha.

Thoughts?

I think you may be just hopeful. They will run enough through the PAT 1 to allow for multiple squads. They will then take enough to the interview stage to allow for a squad to be filled if people are unsuccessful at the interview/PAT 2/Medical, where a number of people may be unsuccessful.

Psych test is ranked. Aptitude is pass/fail.

As for passing similar tests for other sevices, it’s pribably got to do with the volume of applicants in the NT vs SA, which is more competitive. There are plenty of people
Who have gotten a keep fit before then called up for the PAT 1. It all depends on how many are successful in making it through each stage.

Offline 80224

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2018, 02:33:40 PM »
I received the "keep fit" letter, a mate received a plain "unsuccessful" one.

Offline Optimistic

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2018, 02:34:25 PM »
I think you may be just hopeful. They will run enough through the PAT 1 to allow for multiple squads. They will then take enough to the interview stage to allow for a squad to be filled if people are unsuccessful at the interview/PAT 2/Medical, where a number of people may be unsuccessful.

Cheers mate. Gotta keep the dream alive somehow though hey haha

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »

Unsuccessful keep fit?

Yea mate, sorry too.

yeah plain unsuccessful email all good , good luck to you mate might get lucky with a keep fit call up

Offline 2beus

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2018, 02:58:43 PM »
What’s the wait time if u received a unsuccessful email.
Are u able to apply next campaign

Offline Mr Bender

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2018, 04:15:48 PM »
Yes next campaign would be in roughly 2 years.

Offline JoeBloggo

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2018, 06:15:44 PM »

Thoughts?

Psych test is ranked. Aptitude is pass/fail.

As for passing similar tests for other sevices, it’s pribably got to do with the volume of applicants in the NT vs SA, which is more competitive. There are plenty of people
Who have gotten a keep fit before then called up for the PAT 1. It all depends on how many are successful in making it through each stage.

Hi Lefty,

I wondered if you had any approximate idea of the number of people who would have received the stay fit letter out of the initial 2200?  I believe Mets we’re going to skim the top 100-150 for Pat1.

Per your ‘hopefull’ comment to optimistic, do the stay fitters actually have some chance of being pulled through or are they really just reserves per se until the next campaign can bolster the numbers?  As you say, they have potentially drawn enough through for the 2019 squads.

Offline Left foot snap

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »
There’s always a chance. People from squads 52/53 were beep tested at a later date than those in earlier squads of the same intake.

Offline RCG

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2018, 08:32:16 PM »
Yes next campaign would be in roughly 2 years.

At the seminar, the way it was explained was that people applying this intake will be tested and put into a rank. Then next year, they would open for applications again. Those new applicants will be tested, and then integrated into the existing rank. They also said that those who apply in this intake wouldnt need to re-apply next year because their test scores are valid for 2 years.

anything