Author Topic: SAMFS Recruitment 2018  (Read 176024 times)

Offline JoeBloggo

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: SAMFS Recruitment 2018
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2018, 09:39:44 PM »
There’s always a chance. People from squads 52/53 were beep tested at a later date than those in earlier squads of the same intake.

True. Thanks appreciate the response.
Any idea on rough numbers of persons in the stay fit pool?

Offline Kirstyv

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 13, 2018, 01:23:26 AM »
Hey guys, I got a 'keep fit' response too, would be keen to know if there were different types of letters sent out!

Does anyone know if you can re-apply and try for a better result instead of keeping your results from the last test?

Offline canine

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 13, 2018, 06:12:10 AM »
Hey guys, I got a 'keep fit' response too, would be keen to know if there were different types of letters sent out!

Does anyone know if you can re-apply and try for a better result instead of keeping your results from the last test?

So you can improve your personality?? If everyone was suitable to be a firefighter they wouldn't bother with the testing. If your profile changed too much from a previous test it will alert the MFS and you won't progress.
There must be hundreds with the keep fit letters

Offline Kirstyv

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 13, 2018, 07:45:46 AM »

So you can improve your personality?? If everyone was suitable to be a firefighter they wouldn't bother with the testing. If your profile changed too much from a previous test it will alert the MFS and you won't progress.

Im actually talking about the abilities testing - e.g maths, reading comprehension, spelling etc..

Offline sj000

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 13, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »

Im actually talking about the abilities testing - e.g maths, reading comprehension, spelling etc..

I’m fairly certain the aptitude side of things is a pass/fail, so would assume if you got a keep fit letter you received a pass and it’s come down to the personality profiling

phoenix

« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2018, 03:20:45 PM »

I’m fairly certain the aptitude side of things is a pass/fail, so would assume if you got a keep fit letter you received a pass and it’s come down to the personality profiling

Correct.
Maths / English is pass or fail.
Keep fit refers to being ‘in the mix’, so it’s deemed your psych results are desirable but not quite what they’re looking for at this stage.

So, keep (really) fit, and don’t give up :)

Offline MR T

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »
Hi guys , I’ve got a question for the guys/girls that have been successful in the process or know anyone that has been . Have you heard of anyone thats got through with a criminal record? IE speeding fine etc ...... I know the MFS website states each case will be judged on its own grounds . Any advice would be excellent

Offline RCG

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
Guys and Gals that contested the Pat1 today. How did you go, any participants from your group not make the 9.6?

Offline Pac

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2018, 02:58:29 PM »
I ran yesterday, only one failed with me but I was the first to run and then I left. One didn’t show up.

Offline RCG

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2018, 03:01:01 PM »
I ran yesterday, only one failed with me but I was the first to run and then I left. One didn’t show up.

Congrats, did they give you an invite for interview there and then, or they sending details at a later date?

Offline sj000

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2018, 03:18:32 PM »
Did see a couple fail, but no idea about when we find out about interviews

Offline Optimistic

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2018, 04:54:58 PM »
What time was your pat1 booked in for?

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2018, 05:21:35 PM »
can’t believe people dont show up and or fail... breaks my heart..

Offline RCG

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »

Being in the "keep fit" pool, it fills my heart with joy. I too cant understand how knowing the standards, not getting yourself into the condition required to achieve the minimum requirements...

Offline Phil.Collins99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2018, 06:53:49 PM »

Being in the "keep fit" pool, it fills my heart with joy. I too cant understand how knowing the standards, not getting yourself into the condition required to achieve the minimum requirements...

Haha im glad , its good for you guys on the keep fit list no doubt.

Offline Morph

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2018, 10:52:53 AM »
 This is my 4th crack at this.
Time not on my side either - 42 years old! I believe the ceiling age limit is 45!

(Last time was 2015 - I did the beep test then went into the 'pool of 400,' I believe it was, but didn't get a call to the interview stage.)

Got my letter -

'The results of the Assessments have now been analysed and we advise that you have not been invited to progress to the next stage (Physical Aptitude Test Stage 1 (PAT1 – Shuttle Run)) at this time.
  Your application will remain on file for a period of 2 years should further participants be required to  be  called  forward  in  the  future.    In  the  meantime,  it  is  strongly  recommended  that  you maintain a high level of fitness.'

Gutted but will keep cracking away at it.
 So it's a 'no' but sounds like a 'keep fit' that many others have referred to on here. Does it match what other 'keep fit' people received?

Anyway, going to keep at it until 1) I either get to old or 2) they let me in :-D :-D :-D

All the very best to those going through. I don't think there is a better career out there.

Cheers:-)

Offline Cobra1

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »
This is my 4th crack at this.
Time not on my side either - 42 years old! I believe the ceiling age limit is 45!

(Last time was 2015 - I did the beep test then went into the 'pool of 400,' I believe it was, but didn't get a call to the interview stage.)

Got my letter -

'The results of the Assessments have now been analysed and we advise that you have not been invited to progress to the next stage (Physical Aptitude Test Stage 1 (PAT1 – Shuttle Run)) at this time.
  Your application will remain on file for a period of 2 years should further participants be required to  be  called  forward  in  the  future.    In  the  meantime,  it  is  strongly  recommended  that  you maintain a high level of fitness.'

Gutted but will keep cracking away at it.
 So it's a 'no' but sounds like a 'keep fit' that many others have referred to on here. Does it match what other 'keep fit' people received?

Anyway, going to keep at it until 1) I either get to old or 2) they let me in :-D :-D :-D

All the very best to those going through. I don't think there is a better career out there.

Cheers:-)

I got this letter too mate. It seems to be fairly common so I wouldn't think we are any form of a minority! Would be great to get an invite but I'm not getting too excited at this stage.

Offline CFS_fire32

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2018, 08:25:14 PM »
Anybody have an indication how many people are in which pools? Also, based on discussions in this thread, sounds like there have only been 3 versions of letters received  - 1) PAT 1 invite (top 200 people). 2) Not needed at this stage, stay fit. 3) Unsuccessful with the profile and aptitude testing, try again next time. Anyone know of any other versions?

Last recruitment, there were a couple different "stay fit" letter versions following the PAT 1 (which everyone who passed the profile testing was invited to). One said not needed at this time, you are on a list for future interviewing, stay fit. Anoter version just said stay fit.

Having said all of this, it sounds like they have changed the recruitment philosophy from previous campaigns. How I understood the recruitment seminar was that the list of suitable candidates would be exhausted before the recruitment campaign would be concluded. I take this to mean that everyone who was identified as "suitable" from the profile testing would get a chance to progress to the next stage (PAT 1 and interview) as requirements for more drill squads dictate i.e. it is only a matter of time.

This philosophy makes sense, it costs a lot of money and consumes a lot of MFS time and effort each time they go through the whole recruitment campaign process.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:29:03 PM by CFS_fire32 »

Offline canine

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »
. I take this to mean that everyone who was identified as "suitable" from the profile testing would get a chance to progress to the next stage (PAT 1 and interview) as requirements for more drill squads dictate i.e. it is only a matter of time

Wishful thinking. They could potentially get enough for 6 squads from the 150-200 they have invited to the beep. From this forum and some mates who got the stay fit letters I'm guessing there's a few hundred on the suitable list.

Offline gusto1

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2018, 09:57:31 PM »
Where there anymore tested today for PAT 1 or where they all processed on Friday?

Offline ssickers

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »
I may be wrong, but I believe they were getting all the PAT 1 testing done on Friday.

I must have been in the same group as PAC, as I had 1 person not show & 1 not make the 9.6 requirement.

Now patiently waiting for the invites to interview to be sent out.

Offline sj000

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »
Did anyone ask on Friday when they might send out interview invites? Refresh button will be getting a workout these next few weeks regardless

Offline ssickers

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2018, 10:07:28 AM »
I didn't ask nor did anybody else in my group.
But they are sticking to their proposed dates pretty well, so I would hazard a guess that emails will most likely be sent late this week or early next week.

How many people did you have in your time slot sj000?
We had 22 people.

Offline sj000

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »
We had 4 groups of 6, but I’m pretty sure the last group had 5 run because someone didn’t rock up
Not sure how many time slots there were during the day but I heard they beep tested about 120-130

Offline ssickers

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2018, 10:26:18 AM »
I have heard similar, anywhere from 120-150 people go through the PAT 1.

anything